New Post Advanced Search

Ebay help please

23 replies 1.6K views

Replies

• wizzywig27wizzywig27 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I can say, from first hand experience that even if a buyer does not upload the tracking info, as long as its provided when asked, that will be sufficient to prove its been delivered and eBay/PayPal will decide in your favour
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    65.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    I can say, from first hand experience that even if a buyer does not upload the tracking info, as long as its provided when asked, that will be sufficient to prove its been delivered and eBay/PayPal will decide in your favour

You say eBay/PayPal, which do you mean please as the companies are no longer linked and each has their own rules.

Assuming eBay, then Has that been since the new rules have come in ? I know eBay were being more helpful when the rules first changed, but I wasn't aware they were still going against their stated policy.

I'm also sure it is a typo but it would be the seller who needs to upload the tracking, not the buyer.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • wizzywig27wizzywig27 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, yes I meant seller. In my case the seller did not upload tracking info to eBay nor PayPal
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    65.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Sorry, yes I meant seller. In my case the seller did not upload tracking info to eBay nor PayPal

The rules though are still different, if the buyer has opened a case in ebay then any tracking or delivery number would have needed to be entered before the last estimated delivery date. On paypal the rules haven't changed and an INR can be defended by adding the tracking number once case is open. It is important to know the seller protection on both ebay and paypal since the split and since ebay introduced the new rules recently about the requirement to upload tracking early.

Obviously despite the rules If I were the seller I would still try and defend an INR by adding delivery conformation details to the case and then phoning ebay to point out delivery details. That's why I asked how recently you won a case - I was interested as to whether ebay CS were still behind in understanding their new rules and whether defending the INR this way is still likely to win. As the rules seem to have been poorly rolled out I think it important to keep an eye on how ebay CS are reacting to INR claims.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Greenfingers3Greenfingers3 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your help, issue is now resolved, I followed all of theonlywayisup's kind and useful advice, plus also very politely asked the buyer why they sent me a message, saying excellent service, thank you, on the same day the parcel was supposed to have been delivered, if they hadn't received it! This morning I got a message saying they have got the parcel.
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help, issue is now resolved, I followed all of theonlywayisup's kind and useful advice, plus also very politely asked the buyer why they sent me a message, saying excellent service, thank you, on the same day the parcel was supposed to have been delivered, if they hadn't received it! This morning I got a message saying they have got the parcel.

Great news.

Did they close the case yet?
    354 posts
    ✭✭
    Great news.

Did they close the case yet?

No they haven't
    14.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they haven't

It's not unusual.

I think I would be inclined to take a screen print of the message and upload it to the case and then thank them for letting you know it arrived....and see what happens.

Best case, they close the case. Likely case, they ignore it and it times out. Worse case, they escalate and eBay don't take the message or POD into account.

I'm sorry, greenfingers, I don't want to worry you, but I don't like loose ends :)
    354 posts
    ✭✭
    It's not unusual.

I think I would be inclined to take a screen print of the message and upload it to the case and then thank them for letting you know it arrived....and see what happens.

Best case, they close the case. Likely case, they ignore it and it times out. Worse case, they escalate and eBay don't take the message or POD into account.

I'm sorry, greenfingers, I don't want to worry you, but I don't like loose ends :)

Thank you, how do I upload it to the case, I can't see how to do it. Thanks
    14.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, how do I upload it to the case, I can't see how to do it. Thanks

Is there an option to send a message? I don't know if adding the POD has overridden this (the POD used to act to "win and preclose" the case before the latest update).

If you can see a way, you click the photo icon and upload it, if you can't don't worry, eBay can still see the message.