MARTIN LEWIS LIVE Q&A TODAY WITH RISHI SUNAK
The Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be joining Martin for a live Q&A this afternoon to discuss the cost of living support package being announced today - you'll be able to watch it live HERE on the MoneySavingExpert website, stay tuned for more details

I want to break free....

in Debt Free Diaries
165 replies 10.6K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Silly me, I only remembered about my FSO / ICO part drafted letters as I logged off today!

2. Received a holding letter from my former DMC; standard letter saying they need another four weeks to investigate my complaints.

3. Had my agency email me about a role, but it's for my former career and I just don't want to step into that world again. I'm happy giving free advice here, but to get involved in litigation again holds no appeal to me.

Positive ending:

My work mate is back from annual leave and I filled her in on what's happened job wise and we are getting two managers together to try and get the role I really want sorted out :D

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60
    3. £6,819.95 (currently unenforceable)

Money towards debts/monthly installments stands at:

£445.09
  • edited 5 July 2019 at 4:12PM
    MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 July 2019 at 4:12PM
    End of week update!

1. Well, I got home from work to a HUGE letter from the owners of debt 2 :( yup, they have only been able to get most of my old credit card statements, T&C's and the original application! It's a shame, but one of them things. Not bad for a really old CC.

Will be calling them to make a monthly installment offer and discreetly enquire about a settlement figure......

Once I've sorted that I will put a quick post up.

2. No further response from D3, but I'm now expecting that paperwork to land on my doorstep.

3. No further response from my former DMC.

4. No response from L to my PPI complaints as yet.

5. No other job rejections or interview offers.

6. Still ended up forgetting to do the final once over of my letters to the FOS and ICO re: the Anti ML search; they are the same letter to each organisation :D

7. Still forgot to sort out and post the PPI forms to T.

I've had a few nights of hardly any sleep this week. That's my excuse for 6 & 7 above :D

Positive ending for the day:

1. As I've got evidence of PPI with L it will help my complaint, if needed :D

Actually, thinking about it I need to wait the outcome of the PPI complaint for the CC before making any settlement offer to D2.

The second PP complaint, if upheld, will be all mine as that loan was paid off years before I got into financial trouble.

2. I'm ready for my interview next week.

Having discussed it with my workmate there will be no problems, if I am offered the position, to keep my temp role going too :)

3. As D2 won't be getting much off me per month I will still be able to clear the CCJ in August due to the extra payday next month.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    2. £1887.60 (£ pm - TBC)
    3. £6,819.95 (£0pm - currently unenforceable)

£526.62
  • edited 5 July 2019 at 4:12PM
    MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 July 2019 at 4:12PM
    Second end of week update!

1. Just had a rejection for one of the jobs whilst typing this up.

2. Instalment plan made with D2, instalment also paid.

I am aiming to have this one paid off, or F&F'd, by the end of the year.

So I will now have two debts going down each month which will be a lot nicer to see :)

Positive ending (again):

1. I'm currently saving the money together to do an access course to enable me to enroll and start my chosen degree!

2. Still on track for settling the CCJ in August. Phew.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    2. £1877.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)

£516.62
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update.

1. Obviously no post today, but I did go exploring some more areas today, ruled a few out, but definitely ruled one in!

Beautiful, rolling countryside, mountain views....got home to recheck prices and it's doable :D whilst still being close enough to meet up with friends.

2. Enrolling in the uni access course in a few weeks, just getting the rest of the fee together; I have about 8 weeks to get it.

Really looking forward to starting my degree next year.

I've ordered a few books related to my degree to read so I can get in the right mindset.

3. Managed to bag a complete PC set up dirt cheap, that should be with me midweek.

I've got a laptop which is only suitable for surfing the net, got no available memory to even have any of the win10 updates done; completely screwed up buying that but it did me for my last job working off their servers. Will probably wipe it/factory reset and donate it to charity as I doubt I would get anything for it if I sold it.

4. Watching a PC desk to see if I can bag that, it's local so I can collect it!

Already planned where my little study set up will go in the flat :D

Will just need to find a suitable office chair.

5. I'm still saving all the pennies!

6. CCJ payment comes out next week.

It's hard to believe that next month it will be paid off 4.5 years after receiving it! Yes, it was a hefty sum :(

7. Keeping everything crossed that I bag this other part-time role. Means I can probably knock D2 out after three months pay! But I must not get ahead of myself.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£519.49
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been debating whether to post today, but why not :D

1. PPI complaint to L, they have been trying to phone me for a couple of days, but I've always been driving at the time. Today a voicemail was left and upon calling them back the person who called didn't leave notes so the guy couldn't help :(

Silly sods, even though I gave them my new address and phone number, they never bothered updating their system! It's been done now.

Waiting to see whether it is the two complaints they are dealing with as that will save postage of the forms to T.

2. Set up the direct debit for D2 yesterday. That starts next month as I manually paid them for this month last week when I spoke with them.

3. No further response from D3 or the former DMC.

Really not sure how the former DMC are going to go with my complaints so that will be interesting.

Have I said I will take this one to the FOS if need be?

4. Two more job rejections, several more I'm waiting to hear from. Got several to submit the weekend too. I'm determined to get a role with the establishment I'm temping with.

5. My PC has arrived, it's all set up and I've put my spreadsheets onto it, will be so much easier to update than on my phone.

I've also emailed the complaint letter I'm working on for FOS and ICO to myself. I can get them finished the weekend and sent off.

My CV, and related, items I've also emailed to myself.

It will be so nice working off my own PC again, rather than having to try and do everything at work before I start, or worse off my phone!

6. Still watching two computer desks on eBay :)
    I know it's indulgent but I'm going to need space to write notes when I start uni.

Positive ending for today.

1. Spent the afternoon on the beach :D

2. Had my interview for the FTC role this morning, it went really well. Will find out tomorrow if I have got it or not.

They were fine with me wanting to see the temp role through to the end. They also asked if it was specifically PT I was looking for and I said no, but the role was too good to pass up submitting an application for ;) apparently there will be a few other roles popping up, so it sounds like it won't really be a FTC position!

I did email them after and clarified I would not be taking on another PT role if I was offered their vacancy, thanked them for meeting me and confirmed I was keen on the role.... I know, bad habits are hard to ditch at times but it's worked in the past ;)

IF I get the role, I will be a further step towards getting my home AND clearing my debts!

Will let you know what happens.

3. I've decided to forget the uni access course and dive straight in to the degree. If I stay PT for a while I can do two years of it in one go, if longer hours then just one year at a time. Still via the OU so between 3-6 years to complete at my own pace.

4. CCJ instalment is due in a couple of days and I'm on track to pay it off in August.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £767.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£520.51
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of week update. Bit of a crappy update really.

1. My PPI complaint with L, it's confirmed they are looking into both so I can shred the PPI forms for T.

I've spoken with them, repeated all the info I had about the loan; purpose of it, what happened, why I'm complaining etc and again asked them to update my address and phone number! Anyhow, I will hear back in about a month.

Another department is dealing with my CC Complaint and he has updated my address / phone number so they don't try and contact me with out of date info.

2. No post from D3 or the former DMC.

3. Will finish my letters to the FOS and ICO this weekend.

4. Got rejected for the job I was interviewed for yesterday :(

Trying to stay positive and tell myself everything happens for a reason!

Happy ending for the day.

1. Popped to IKEA after work and picked up my desk. I now have a good workspace at home, which is wonderful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    At least you finally know where everything lies with the PPI complaint and the two companies :)
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    At least you finally know where everything lies with the PPI complaint and the two companies :)

I do :)

Just have to wait and see what happens!
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick one today!

1. Nothing further from D3.

2. Nothing further from the former DMC.

3. Another job rejection today, but I found about ten more to apply for.

I must go over my CV again. Putting myself under a lot of pressure to get a permanent role as I want out of this flat while I still have some sanity!

4. I haven't finished my FOS / ICO letters off. Going to take in my letter from T, to work, scan and email it to myself; I can then email the complaints to the FOS and ICO.

Positive ending for the day:

1. It's CCJ instalment day today!

It's looking tight at clearing the CCJ in August, so will probably be the first / second week in September :)

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)

£450.51
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midweek update!

1. L have called regarding the CC PPI complaint, run through as much info as I could. Complaint and info to be reviewed and the will let me know the outcome in a few weeks.

If upheld they will send me a cheque. I guess they haven't twigged D2 is in a DMP....

2. No further response from L to the loan PPI complaint.

I haven't checked my DPA today so don't know if it's been upheld and paid; the money is going straight to my DPA account towards my debts.

3. No further response from D3 or the former DMC.

4. I might be on track to clear the CCJ next month, but will know more mid-August.

5. No changes to debts / DPA; I need to save the remainder of my money / wages for bills / rent etc this month.

Happy ending for today:

Getting to do surveys each day so seeing my survey money going up :D just keeping it and not 'cashing in' for the moment, let it build up and December will be paying for itself, probably January too the way I'm going!

I haven't submitted any more job applications as I'm waiting to see how long I'm on this assignment for. So far I've definitely got another four weeks, but I haven't had an unofficial catch-up with my workmate to find out about recent developments.

Let's see what the rest of the week brings :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides