ebay sale cancelled

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
4 replies 1.6K views
theoreticatheoretica Forumite
8.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
Is there a way of seeing why a seller said they cancelled my order? Or registering them as a non-performing seller? I suspect they were mainly unhappy with the price.
But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
Had the whole of their cash in his care.
Lewis Carroll

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    theoretica wrote: »
    Is there a way of seeing why a seller said they cancelled my order? Or registering them as a non-performing seller? I suspect they were mainly unhappy with the price.

Dis the sale complete? if so following the drop down menu in your purchase list will allow you to report a seller, plus you can leave feedback.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • rollingmoonrollingmoon Forumite
    77 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    The same thing happened to me only this week - I won a piece of hifi equipment for the opening bid price of £10, probably about 20% of the value of the item. The seller cancelled the sale almost immediately after the listing ended and didn't respond to messages.

Obviously I left negative feedback (and low scores for DSRs) but I couldn't find any way to report the seller as described by soolin above. Anyway, a bit of searching found this link, which takes you straight to an email form allowing you to do the deed.
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the buyer has relisted the item, I would definitely report them for non performance.
  • TripleHTripleH Forumite
    889 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I know when I have cancelled sales (only from a seller perspective) it is because the buyer has contacted me to request to do so.

I think this is a flaw with eBay whereby you can cancel item sales as 'buyer changed their mind' without any input from the buyer.

I always keep any confirmation messages for the duration that feedback can be posted to prove my cancellation was legitimate.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals