Creation Credit Cards: Changes afoot?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
13 replies 2.3K views
gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
4.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Creation pulled their own brand credit cards a few days ago from their website (though you can still apply if you know the link to the right page!)

Their Everyday card had always been slightly overlooked as a travel card compared to the alternatives.

I wonder what changes they have planned..

Replies

• A4445A4445 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Creation cards don’t market themselves. If I didn’t know about the everyday card from this site I wouldn’t know they exited.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - they tend to offer services via other businesses like Argos and Asda who would do much of the marketing rather than using their own name.

Still it's noteworthy they have pulled their own branded cards - they have offered versions for years.. so will be interesting to see what comes next.

Different to believe that they are actually owned by BNP Paribas!
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only just had my new card so I assume it's a gradual withdrawal as cards next expire
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems they have stopped marketing their own brand cards for new customers - I also got a replacement this week so assume current customers are unaffected atm
  • adindasadindas Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    ASDA - Creation creditcard give you 1% cashback for shopping in ASDA.

Does anyone know if there is any other credtcard that could beat ASDA - Creation creditcard cash back for shopping in ASDA or other major supermarkets with no fee or minimum spend ??
  • etiennegetienneg Forumite
    330 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    adindas wrote: »

Does anyone know if there is any other credtcard that could beat ASDA - Creation creditcard cash back for shopping in ASDA or other major supermarkets with no fee or minimum spend ??

Why not just look in the cashback credit cards section of this web site and see what the best deals are?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards/
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    etienneg wrote: »
    Why not just look in the cashback credit cards section of this web site and see what the best deals are?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards/

Thanks I am familiar with that sites. The problem with MSE it is not frequently updated.

In the forum you get more people with eagle eye with updated knowledge.
  • guesswho2000guesswho2000 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭
    adindas wrote: »

No, there aren't, I'm pretty sure (outside of the Amex stable, anyway) - the 0.3% interchange cap has hit credit card rewards in the EU hard, as the swipe fees can't sustain that level of reward. Tesco and Sainbury's CC's don't give you back that value in their reward points, the only way you'd come close is with Amex, their various cards will still get you there, as their own branded (non-cobrand, so excluding BA/SPG/Nectar/Costco) swipe fees are not capped.

Creation ED also waived other forms of income for the provider, being forex fees and cash advance fees, so not surprising if they've pulled it, although I'm hoping it continues for existing cardholders.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, there aren't, I'm pretty sure (outside of the Amex stable, anyway) - the 0.3% interchange cap has hit credit card rewards in the EU hard, as the swipe fees can't sustain that level of reward. Tesco and Sainbury's CC's don't give you back that value in their reward points, the only way you'd come close is with Amex, their various cards will still get you there, as their own branded (non-cobrand, so excluding BA/SPG/Nectar/Costco) swipe fees are not capped.

Creation ED also waived other forms of income for the provider, being forex fees and cash advance fees, so not surprising if they've pulled it, although I'm hoping it continues for existing cardholders.

I am also hoping my ASDA creation will continue at least until expiry date.
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only the Creation own branded cards that have disappeared from their website. Their 3rd party cards (Asda/IHG etc) are still listed on https://www.creation.co.uk/credit-cards/
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides