Forum Home» Loans

Car Finance advice - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Car Finance advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
44 replies 12K views
1235»

Replies

• Can I buy a car in the UK with PCP finance and after a while move abroad (Portugal) and keep paying the finance?
  • Adam_FoxAdam_Fox Forumite
    5 posts
    If you know what you're doing you can buy a car cheaper through BCA which have AA certified mechanical inspections on most cars.

Never go with finance companies dealerships recommend as they sometimes get a kickback for referrals. (I was a salesman at Mercedes I received £250 per referral for both Mercedes financial services and Blackhorse)

Tesco (3% APR) (or other supermarket loans) bank loans are considerably cheaper than most of the dealerships finance companies.

Always buy a car at the end of the month. Chances are the dealership hasn't met its sales targets so will do anything in there power to get the deal through. At the main dealer's if you don't meet sales targets they get less in marketing budgets so will do basically anything to get deals (even sell the car at cost).

If you're buying a car a good place to start is carwow.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I buy a car in the UK with PCP finance and after a while move abroad (Portugal) and keep paying the finance?

Maybe its a question you should ask the provider of the finance.
    Would it not be easier to buy a car ?
  • rhysadamsrhysadams Forumite
    298 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Used car finance is usually more than new car finance, its always a good idea to ask the base rate at the time. Dealers have a base rate that they work to, but they can lower this to an amount where they don't get any kick backs.

Usually non-luxury used cars have approx. £1,500 across the metal, luxury is more.

Used cars are generally cheaper to finance via a bank loan from a reputable lender. However, don't discount a new car on a PCP!