17 replies 5.9K views
2»

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dsa wrote: »
    Well Ian still waiting ,it's been 3 months since first contact lol .

Who is Ian ?

Did you mean to type I am ?
  • DsaDsa Forumite
    4 posts
    Yes sorry i,am not Ian
  • BEWARE : I also got a similar message. I didn't know which loan it referred to, so I responded. The solicitor was lightfoot. Lo and behold I have now received a letter from Lighfoot asking me for money owed from a debt well over 10 years that is no longer valid under the statute of limitations act.
  • PS I had changed address, so maybe they were fishing for our address.Have rang HSBC directly they did not have the number I was given as registered to them, and warned me to beware
  • It is genuine, there is info on the FCA website (sorry won’t let me post link)

I phoned the other day and they said they had a backlog and there would be delays.
  • DsaDsa Forumite
    4 posts
    It's definitely not a scam ,spoke to them today and was told they have had more response than expected .You would of thought they would of been prepared knowing how many customers were affected .
  • ScrewtopScrewtop Forumite
    37 posts
    I got the letter a couple of months ago. Signed and returned the ID check form and today I have received a further letter detailing a breakdown of charges owed together with a cheque. ��

I didn't have to prove anything because like a lot of other people I did not have any records.