What Listing have you had removed and why?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
21 replies 2.3K views
A_Frayed_KnotA_Frayed_Knot Forumite
3.2K Posts
Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
I recently had a listing removed :eek: for stating how it fastened - Velcro fastening . . . had no idea I was not allowed to list as such.

Got me wondering what listings others have had removed and for what reason?
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Replies

• TripleHTripleH Forumite
    895 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Knife and Knife sharpener -

1. for being a knife (obviously), but never occurred to me having seen other knives listing on eBay that it would be a problem
    2. and for being bone but not specified what type of bone (it was deer antler), again it never occurred to me to think about it

Accounting Software - because I wasn't a licensed dealer of that software (it was a 'new' unused version of the software but a couple of years or so old). But if I had sold the manual for the same amount and given the software away for free as part of the deal that would have been fine??
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a listing removed but once had a nasty message from another seller telling me to immediately remove 'their' picture from my listing or they would report me to ebay.

I only used the picture because two other sellers were using it, so they must have been operating several accounts at once.

By the time I had received the message I had taken my own photos and replaced it anyway.

I think they were miffed because my identical item was £10 cheaper then theirs.
  • TripleHTripleH Forumite
    895 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I had a rude e-mail from someone (a buyer) telling me off because in one of the photos I had for an item, one of my cats was in the picture. This was purely unintentional, she just likes having her picture taken and joining in with what I am doing.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
  • A_Frayed_KnotA_Frayed_Knot Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually makes you wonder if you need to play a game of charades :rotfl:to describe but wouldn't work on the [email protected] :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • General_ApplauseGeneral_Applause Forumite
    198 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    A number of vinyl records, freely available anywhere. Noteable examples include Shakin' Stevens, Abba and King Crimson.

I shredded the records and sleeves and posted the pieces to the respective artists management company / agent / legal team.
  • DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot of ebay-machine-generated-queries as I was selling some manuals on the care & feeding of (vintage) weapons. All were allowed to go through once a human had checked the images & spiel where it was obvious I was selling a book, just under the "wrong" category.
  • Ms_ChocaholicMs_Chocaholic Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some trousers for using a trademark, like Velcro. I contacted the company who own the trademark and was advised that as long as I added to my listing something like "Made with (insert trademark here)" then they would be fine with it, they were and the item sold.

It seemed ridiculous really.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • jay56jay56 Forumite
    45 Posts
    A second hand stop smoking book by Paul McKenna..can't remember why now.
  • F&LF&L Forumite
    570 Posts
    Try putting Onesie (such a generic term) and you'll get the following warning before you list:

Only use the term Onesie in your listing title if your item was made by Gerber. If your item was not made by Gerber, please go back and remove Onesie from your title and use a descriptive term, such as “bodysuit,” “one piece” or “jump suit” instead. If your item was made by Gerber, please go back and add the brand to your listing title or item specifics.

You'd think ebay would put a similar warning for other generic terms like velcro.
  • charlies_mumcharlies_mum Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few removed.

A Robertsons badge. Overnight they decided they were banned

A German uniform badge

A Crown Derby bread knife

A vintage truncheon

A Joe 90 cap gun

The last three were all deemed to be weapons
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D