New Post Advanced Search

Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

edited 12 November 2018 at 3:33PM in Mobiles
630 replies 169K views

Replies

• Tyler_Durden_UKTyler_Durden_UK Forumite
    154 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Virgin Mobile are doing 10gb for £10 pm (12 month contract). Cashback of £30 available from QC and TCB. Are either of these cashback providers preferred at the moment ?
  • edited 20 June 2019 at 7:58AM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2019 at 7:58AM
    [FONT=&quot]ID mobile Sim only deal is available here[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only-deals[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It says data roll over. But it is not clear whether the previous motnhs data will keep adding until the cotract is cancelled or only the last month data.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So for example Someone is on monthly £5 a month with 1GB data rolling over, 500 min, unlimited text[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]June no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]July no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]August no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]September no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]October no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In November does it mean that a person on this contract will have [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5x1GB GB to be used (keep adding with all of the previous unused data are rolled over, like 1p Mobile Mobile) OR[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]just 2x1GB (just the last month allowance is rolled over)?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]
  • zagubovzagubov Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adindas wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]ID mobile Sim only deal is available here[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only-deals[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It says data roll over. But it is not clear whether the previous motnhs data will keep adding until the cotract is cancelled or only the last month data.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So for example Someone is on monthly £5 a month with 1GB data rolling over, 500 min, unlimited text[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]June no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]July no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]August no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]September no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]October no data used Left over 1GB[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In November does it mean that a person on this contract will have [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5x1GB GB to be used (keep adding with all of the previous unused data are rolled over, like 1p Mobile Mobile) OR[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]just 2x1GB (just the last month allowance is rolled over)?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]

It's only the previous months data that rolls over.

Be very careful of buying add-ons. They only get used AFTER you use your normal data allowance and they expire after a month.

I spent a tenner on 3Gb while abroad and worried about running out.

It'll expire next week, I've not touched it yet and I'm running low on my monthly amount again.

If you do buy a data add-on with them, you might want to buy the cheapest possible until you learn your usage rate.

Having said that they have some very cheap contracts (I'm on 240 mins, 2500 texts and 2.25 Gb for £5, and that's better than most current contracts).
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • edited 20 June 2019 at 9:09AM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2019 at 9:09AM
    zagubov wrote: »
    It's only the previous months data that rolls over.

Be very careful of buying add-ons. They only get used AFTER you use your normal data allowance and they expire after a month.

I spent a tenner on 3Gb while abroad and worried about running out.

It'll expire next week, I've not touched it yet and I'm running low on my monthly amount again.

If you do buy a data add-on with them, you might want to buy the cheapest possible until you learn your usage rate.

Having said that they have some very cheap contracts (I'm on 240 mins, 2500 texts and 2.25 Gb for £5, and that's better than most current contracts).

Thanks for clarification.
    Like You I will just be using mostly mostly as a data back up for roamig in the EU Country abroad 1-2 days. So I prefer the pne like 1p mpbile where they keep adding until ypu terminate the contract.

How did you get 240 mins, 2500 texts and 2.25 Gb for £5, Is it an contract ot it is still available for new customer ??

Thanks again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks for clarification.
    Like You I will just be using mostly mostly as a data back up for roamig in the EU Country abroad 1-2 days. So I prefer the pne like 1p mpbile where they keep adding until ypu terminate the contract.

How did you get 240 mins, 2500 texts and 2.25 Gb for £5, Is it an contract ot it is still available for new customer ??

Thanks again

Sky have a £6 a month 2GB deal with UL minutes & texts, all of the unused data rolls overs for up to 3(?) years.
  • richardc1983richardc1983 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    VARoberts wrote: »
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THREE.

I get the following for £20 per month Unlimited, Unlimited texts, unlimited data (i use my hotspot for my childrens 2 phones, 1 tablet, 1 PC, firestick all while using my phone) service has never dipped.
    No need for land line or internet provider saves ££'s

I am looking to move away from three, horrendous data speeds in Edinburgh, Leeds, Skegness, Manchester, Birmingham.

When I have been abroad in a feel at home country I cant even stream spotify or play youtube they throttle it that much.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • zagubovzagubov Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again

I saw it online a couple of years ago but they seem to have different deals now with more mins and texts but less data.

You have to move fast with their deals, they seem to change them frequently.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • BoohooBoohoo Forumite
    908 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    joepuntor wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I see a lot of people in this forum asking advice on the best place to get SIM card deals.

I'd like to suggest SimsForFree.couk

Currently stocking free O2 Sim Cards, including free same day delivery.

Various deals available, plus 'Double Up' Get x2 data, minutes & texts for 12 months

New member promoting a website on 2 different threads.

I smell fritter's for tea.
  • I'm on a £7 a month sim only deal with EE and I get 500MB data, 500mins and unllimited texts. The only limit I get close to hitting is the data limit. EE's upgrade options seem seriously overpriced (£16 per month for 1GB!). I'm a bit reluctant to change because I've been paying £7 p/m (peanuts) for as long as I can remember and I don't want to pay a whole lot more.

I'm thinking of switching to Virgin for either £10 p/m for 10GB or £7 p/m for 2GB but I'm concerned that my monthly price will increase when the 12month contract ends. I can't see in the small print what it might change to.

Can anyone advise? Also, if anyone has any wider comments about Virgin Mobile. I understand they piggyback on EE network which is partly why I might move to them.
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget price increases; they ALL do it (including EE). You're already paying too much. Get a better deal and switch again at the end of that one.