3.9K replies 476.8K views

Replies

• edited 15 June 2019 at 10:56AM
    elsienelsien Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 June 2019 at 10:56AM
    Good idea to see the GP melly - you've been running on adrenaline for so long there was bound to be a bit of a bounce after the move.
    Glad it's working for you all now you're in.

Be kind to yourself, you've earned it.

It has taken Gitdog 2 years to notice that the baby gate is no longer in place. So last night he finally breached the no dogs in bedroom rule then woke me up
    complaining he was cold. I suspect it's a losing battle from here on in.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the same as Elsien.
    You've been running on empty for so long and now it's all sorted, you're a bit lost.
    The tears may just be a release of stress and tension.
    But best to see your GP.
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think back Melly over the last few years. DH in hospital and so many other things and then the fight to be rehoused and the complications when you had the chance of the bungalow not aided by the stupid woman telling you couldn't have it it would be surprising if you wouldn't be suffering a reaction now.

The hours you were working while feeling ill yourself and trying to handle the stress your husband was feeling about his belongings and you organising moving things and being let down mean there was bound to be physical and mental payback once you were both settled in your new home.

After the long fight for dds diagnosis we both had the reaction once the initial relief was over. The reality is during these times we're powered by adrenaline as we do everything needed . Once that drains you feel strange for quite a while and not like your normal self .

Your Dr is the first port of call so I'm pleased you've made an appointment . You need to get what rest you can, slow down where possible and enjoy your new home which has made you both so happy after the years of waiting.

We've had so much rain here on the NW coast I was considering building an ark . Today we have sun . I hope the weather is good for you . Sitting out in the garden is good therapy. I never got into the whole mindfulness thing but when I finish this post I'm going to go out in the garden check the plants and sit in the arbour with a cup of tea. We're lucky to get many birds here so the skylarks and swallows are back and I can watch the skylarks swooping and soaring. Closing my eyes the only sound will be the singing of the birds . The bees will be buzzing and the ladybirds busy so free therapy outside my back door.

Be kind to yourself Melly and slow down when you can.

I do miss the Gitdog pictures Elsian . His adventures at training school often reduced me to tears of laughter. Two years to discover the gate wasn't there any more . Typical Gitdog. Like yourself so many of us love him . I like a real character with a proper personality.

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With apologies to melly for hijacking her thread, behold a somewhat hypothermic camping Gitdog.

161xoag.jpg
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elsien wrote: »
    It has taken Gitdog 2 years to notice that the baby gate is no longer in place. So last night he finally breached the no dogs in bedroom rule then woke me up
    complaining he was cold. I suspect it's a losing battle from here on in.
    I was going to ask if he had pyjamas, but I see he has ...
    elsien wrote: »
    With apologies to melly for hijacking her thread, behold a somewhat hypothermic camping Gitdog.

161xoag.jpg
    A friend mentioned that they need to put their greyhound into PJs or they complain they are cold in the night. And I don't really think you can blame Gitdog, it HAS been very cold at night, I'm back in bedsocks and a jumper under my PJs.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • edited 16 June 2019 at 1:21AM
    mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2019 at 1:21AM
    Hijack away I love a gitdog pic

Guess who's cats have started the following already?

Will add a vid

Eta vid https://youtu.be/9s0LxHOm69Y
  • mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaand Pickles has discovered the roof....
  • mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gp upped my dose of fluxetine
    Tired
    Feel sick