984 replies 42K views

Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Denise
    Glad your mouth is alot better, that's one thing! :D
    How long does it take for a litre of fluid to go through then? i can drink that in 10 mins:rotfl::rotfl:
    Hope you get sorted soon, take care x

Hope Maman is having a lovely holiday:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Denise good news re no pain in teeth. The fluids are just that, fluids, NOT fat, they'll go quickly once you're better, don't let that worry you. Thanks for idea re. chopped fruit, I'll do that in future, but first time round I was weighed after class.

Chrisv thank you for entering me in chart, wI'll update at next WI.

Today lunch plan went upside down, made my synned sandwich, HEXed cheese and got packed lunch with yogurt (synned), fruit etc and went to my first full day volunteering.

Turns out they feed the volunteers! So ended up with a FREE (in more ways than one) lunch of jacket spud, baked beans, cottage cheese and salad. So I got 8 spare syns to squander on fancy stuff at dinner (prob oil on my veg). Happy!

Day food:

B. Baked oats (HEX B) with quark, egg and blueberries, 2 Tbsps fruit conserve (3).

L. Spud etc.

S. Apricots, banana

D. Smoked cod, brown rice, steamed carrots, broccoli and peas. Oil (6)

Will prob have 60g cheese with chopped apple in the evening for calcium. 2 HEX A
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbs wrote: »
    Denise
    Glad your mouth is alot better, that's one thing! :D
    How long does it take for a litre of fluid to go through then? i can drink that in 10 mins:rotfl::rotfl:
    Hope you get sorted soon, take care x

Hope Maman is having a lovely holiday:D

It takes 4 hours for the litre and 30 minutes for the medication IV! Got to the hospital about 8.15 and it was 11.15 before they even started the fluids so was another long day.

Caterina I know the fluids will disappear quickly as it is just water but I just feel uncomfortable as I'm already at top end of target having not long been back from a month long holiday eating lots of French bread and drinking red wine! Hoping that after today's higher than usual syns for a Thursday and damage limitation throughout the week that I'll lose a bit of weight and that next WI I'll be a bit lower in the target range!

Denise
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    curry-001.jpg
    Yummy, syn free and speed :D
    Beanie hope you got on ok at Docs?
    Denise, it is the hanging about that makes the time build up :(
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Partly the hanging around but also the time it takes for the fluids to go in. Then there's bloods tests, results take around 2 hours and similar amount of time for the pharmacy to send up the medication - although it was nearer 3 hours today! Just hoping that the bloods I have done next week are OK so that I don't have to hang around all day agin!

Denise
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Help! I've got to entertain a neighbour this Sunday, his wife and kids are away for over a month and DH and myself promised that we'd invite him to dinner. Now I'm racking my brains as to what to cook to limit syns.

Can't do veggie chilli because he's Mexican and I don't want to give him pseudo mexican food. Pasta is too banal.

Risotto could be a solution, maybe a spring veg one with courgette, peas and asparagus using a few syns for oil and butter (shared by 3 it would not be so damaging) and use the 2 HEX As in parmesan. Can't abide syn-free risotto unfortunately. Side salad with dressing separately in a jug. A large mixed fruit salad (cream topping optional for the two men). Does it sound ok? I'd have to be syn free all day, easily done with late morning brunch of eggs and mushrooms, light soup lunch with bread (HEXB).

Any other ideas very welcome for a nice suitable vegetarian meal. Thank you!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • PennypincinPennypincin Forumite
    4 posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    Can I join please.
    Been doing slimming world for a few years and been struggling.
    Sticking with it though.
    B 1 shredded wheat with part of my he a
    L salad with grated cheese, boiled egg and 4 falafels at 1.5 syns each.
    D was mixed vegetable stir fry with prawns, boiled noodles, stock and soy sauce.
    2 nectarine, a banana and a peach for a snack.
  • SunshinemummySunshinemummy Forumite
    17.4K posts
    Caterina wrote: »
    Help! I've got to entertain a neighbour this Sunday, his wife and kids are away for over a month and DH and myself promised that we'd invite him to dinner. Now I'm racking my brains as to what to cook to limit syns.

Can't do veggie chilli because he's Mexican and I don't want to give him pseudo mexican food. Pasta is too banal.

Risotto could be a solution, maybe a spring veg one with courgette, peas and asparagus using a few syns for oil and butter (shared by 3 it would not be so damaging) and use the 2 HEX As in parmesan. Can't abide syn-free risotto unfortunately. Side salad with dressing separately in a jug. A large mixed fruit salad (cream topping optional for the two men). Does it sound ok? I'd have to be syn free all day, easily done with late morning brunch of eggs and mushrooms, light soup lunch with bread (HEXB).

Any other ideas very welcome for a nice suitable vegetarian meal. Thank you!

Sounds wonderful.... it they were coming to my house they would be lucky to get beans on toast!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • SunshinemummySunshinemummy Forumite
    17.4K posts
    Can I join please.
    Been doing slimming world for a few years and been struggling.
    Sticking with it though.
    B 1 shredded wheat with part of my he a
    L salad with grated cheese, boiled egg and 4 falafels at 1.5 syns each.
    D was mixed vegetable stir fry with prawns, boiled noodles, stock and soy sauce.
    2 nectarine, a banana and a peach for a snack.

welcome... we all struggle to remain in the right head space.

Breakfast - grapes, blueberries and yog.
    Lunch - tin of chick peas and tin of mackerel (no I am not pregnant I was in a rush this morning).
    Tea - salad, prawns, new pot and peas.

:D:D:D:D
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best of starts.
    1/2 on this week.
    Was hoping for a wee loss.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support