Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    123,000 miles on clock
  • UncleZenUncleZen Forumite
    705 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    If it never seemed to go wrong and was the best car you have owned, why -"

because it drove well and went round corners well, accellerated well, had good fuel economy, was quite spacious. And when it did go wrong Kia fixed it for free.
  • seatbeltnoobseatbeltnoob Forumite
    837 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    UncleZen wrote: »
    because it drove well and went round corners well, accellerated well, had good fuel economy, was quite spacious. And when it did go wrong Kia fixed it for free.

You pay for the warranty, it's factored into the price of the car. So you paid for the repair.
  • motorguymotorguy Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shandyandy wrote: »
    Had my Kia ceed for 9 months now,2012 1.6 crdi , since I’ve had it it’s been bill after bill, latest one is it’s at the garage currently with a snapped glow plug in the head��, I just can’t seem to go a couple of months without it costing me an arm and a leg, wish I’d never bought it, don’t know what to do , don’t want to go down the finance route but if I did change it don’t want anything any older, should’ve just bought a boggo 1.6 petrol Astra!

What other faults have you been having?

With those miles and that age, maybe the previous owner knew there'd be bills upcoming and got rid
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
  • edited 22 June 2019 at 10:06AM
    seatbeltnoobseatbeltnoob Forumite
    837 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 22 June 2019 at 10:06AM
    motorguy wrote: »
    What other faults have you been having?

With those miles and that age, maybe the previous owner knew there'd be bills upcoming and got rid

Parts are manufactured to last at least the warranty period. With smart computer software they can pretty accurately do virtual stress test on components and work out how long it will last, and know the cost different between making it last for 3 years and making it last for 5 years.

It's no wonder that things break down just after warranty when they've been working so reliably up til that point.

They're not cheating you, theyre making the car as cheap as possible for you and cutting costs whereever they can.
  • JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing's certain, if you have a vehicle you're always going to have your hand ion your pocket, and need to expect bigger bills from time to time during your time motoring.
    Looks at it this way OP, if the rest of the car is in decent nick, and it runs well in general, then everything you get done is one thing less to go wrong in the near future. Hopefully at least!
    But there are no guarantees, at least not once vehicles are out of the warranty period. Any vehicle can break down expensively at any time. Most don't thankfully. . .
    20.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parts are manufactured to last at least the warranty period. With smart computer software they can pretty accurately do virtual stress test on components and work out how long it will last, and know the cost different between making it last for 3 years and making it last for 5 years.

It's no wonder that things break down just after warranty when they've been working so reliably up til that point.

They're not cheating you, theyre making the car as cheap as possible for you and cutting costs whereever they can.

Yup. You're preaching to the converted. :)
  • peter12345678910peter12345678910 Forumite
    412 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Go car DIY, subscribe to some Kia YouTube uploaders, hint how do you change glow nuts: google, yahoo or duckduck it to save money, though it may take longer to fix things.
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche
    20.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go car DIY, subscribe to some Kia YouTube uploaders, hint how do you change glow nuts: google, yahoo or duckduck it to save money, though it may take longer to fix things.

Though I suspect "how to remove snapped glow plugs from a head" might be beyond a novice DIYer....