Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2 - Page 46

New Post Advanced Search

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
486 replies 31.8K views

Replies

• enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    10.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -2 lb loss for me please Crankyso sorry to hear about your friend but great you were able to be there at the end.

Brambling great result and looks like you will hit your target.

Sorry for being missing but I was away on holiday with the whole extended family and the scales did not seem to be moving so I stopped weighing for a few weeks but still watched what I ate. As I have now lost 2lb I must have been doing something right. I have been laid up with bronchitis since getting back from holiday so haven't been exercising either. I went for a short walk yesterday though and mowed the lawn so will do a longer walk today if weather stays dry and a section of the south west coast path Friday. I can now breathe deeply without a coughing fit so I think that is an improvement. Not going to meet my weight loss challenge at the end of the month though :(
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • SIRENSSIRENS Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All

Small loss of -1lb for me this week.
    I'm okay with that this week, was hoping for more but as long as it's going in the right direction.

Off today and considering mowing the lawn, but it rained yesterday so may be a bit damp still if I don't I'll probably do a HIIT workout as I'm only running twice a week at the moment.

Meals today
    B baked oats with nat yog and mango
    L spicy rice
    D some sort of hamburger pie made with mince and wedges (not tried before got the receipt from an old sw mag)
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS 2.5/14
  • zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Reasonable day to day

B: usual black tea
    L: HM tomato soup, fruit, two twix fingers
    D: veg and some slow cooked brisket, fruit, 2 hobnobs

I'm out most of tomorrow, I'm quietly excited as we're off to see a horse in the breed that we are both passionate about as it may well suit my husband. Wish me luck.
  • K9zzK9zz Forumite
    37 posts
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    Reasonable day to day

B: usual black tea
    L: HM tomato soup, fruit, two twix fingers
    D: veg and some slow cooked brisket, fruit, 2 hobnobs

I'm out most of tomorrow, I'm quietly excited as we're off to see a horse in the breed that we are both passionate about as it may well suit my husband. Wish me luck.
    Ooh, Zafiro, what breed is it? Good luck!
  • VickyVVickyV Forumite
    174 posts
    :j :j :j Target Met! :beer:

Hi all,

Weighing in this week with a -2lb so 16/16 for this challenge. I'm amazed as I ate and drank far too much over the weekend but I have had 2x1 mile swims and a 6k run, which seems to make a big difference to me (probably psychological as I know exercise is less important for weight loss than diet but...).

Also, it's been great to see 12st something on the scales, it's nearly 20 years since I last saw that! Not sure where my target will be as I don't feel far off and I'm getting a bit of loose skin and I'm not impressed! :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway, I'm off to avoid celebrating with biscuits. Hugs to all.

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge July 2019 £0/£260.
    2019, Q1 Weight loss challenge 20/11lb :j
    Q2 weight loss challenge 16/16
    Saving money, decluttering and getting fit. How hard can it be? :rotfl:
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    VickyV wrote: »
    :j :j :j Target Met! :beer:
    Weighing in this week with a -2lb so 16/16 for this challenge

:T:T:T well done Vicky
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • K9zzK9zz Forumite
    37 posts
    WEIGH IN!
    .5lb off for me please Cranky, slow but sure is the name of the game here! Lol.
  • GingerlilyGingerlily Forumite
    62 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic
    Well done VickyV

Bit late with my weighin, haven’t been able to get online. -3lbs for me this week please.

Have a good week all
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    10.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great result Gingerlily.

I succumbed to cake yesterday while doing a coastal footpath walk with my DH. We stopped halfway round at a lovely beach caf! which was recently voted one of the best in Cornwall. Lovely view. Then we had a sandwich and cider in a pub at the end of our 5/6 mile hike and after a bus ride back to the town we left the car an ice cream before going home. Not at all good but hopefully all the exercise will offset it a bit. We have a BBQ this afternoon so won't be good today either.

Hope everyone has some sun today.
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • edited 23 June 2019 at 9:56AM
    zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2019 at 9:56AM
    K9zz wrote: »
    Ooh, Zafiro, what breed is it? Good luck!

K9zz Purebred PRE (Pura Raza Espanola) known over here as Andalusian. It's now joined our other 18 PRE's, if you want to know more I'll message you.

B: nothing
    L: scrambled egg with a little serano leftover ham
    D:- busy all afternoon DH suggested fish and chips - went to said shop to find it was closed so came home and its now going to be soup and rolls, strawberries and cream. Maybe it the F&C shop being closed did me a favour