New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

TSB banking dilemma

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
24 replies 2.3K views
13»

Replies

• diamond_davediamond_dave Forumite
    729 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    what a stupid reply, colsten. Actually, I do have a POA,thanks, but I shouldn't need it. All I am trying to say is that it is impossible for an elderly person with mobility problems to access this account. Surely there must be a way of producing these docs. without going to the branch. And yes he is a veteran, is extremely proud. As for a "cunning plan" if you read my post correctly, I have no intention of proceeding with this action, merely pointing out to the manager how difficult accessing this branch is for him. The stupidity of the whole thing is that they have sent him a debit card, th PIN and various letters welcoming him.
  • anotheruseranotheruser Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    Proof that he's alive (the photo)
    There's plenty of photos of people who are dead...
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    15.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what a stupid reply, colsten. Actually, I do have a POA,thanks, but I shouldn't need it. All I am trying to say is that it is impossible for an elderly person with mobility problems to access this account. Surely there must be a way of producing these docs. without going to the branch. And yes he is a veteran, is extremely proud. As for a "cunning plan" if you read my post correctly, I have no intention of proceeding with this action, merely pointing out to the manager how difficult accessing this branch is for him. The stupidity of the whole thing is that they have sent him a debit card, th PIN and various letters welcoming him.

Perhaps the difficulties you and your FIL are experiencing with TSB could have been avoided if you had told them you have POA. This entire thread would most likely have taken a different direction if you had posted here that you have a POA.

You seem to be strangely obsessed with matters that are irrelevant to TSB's account opening processes. TSB would hardly exempt people from going through their random checks because of what someone did 70+ years ago (or even last year). They might, however, co-operate if you approach them as the holder of the POA. They're likely to still be asking why the gent needs a new account - a question you haven't yet answered in this thread either.

Whatever, I have completely lost interest in anything from you and will now add you to my ignore list. You might wish to do the same with me.
  • diamond_davediamond_dave Forumite
    729 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Lets finish this now - all I ever wanted to do was to help my fil to open this account without putting him through all this hassle. Does no one understand how difficult it is for an elderly person with mobility problems( in Cornwall) to access this branch. Thanks for all your replies.