Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Private Dental Insurance for getting braces?

New Post Advanced Search

Private Dental Insurance for getting braces?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
3 replies 1.5K views
gdawe5gdawe5 Forumite
75 posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I'm looking into Invisalign and saw the forum posts already (invisble type braces on the teeth).

The price is going to be over £2000+, so I'm wondering if there's any private dental insurance I should get to cover part payment?

I looked at the https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/dental-insurance/ thread, but WPA changed into nhstopup and I don't think I'd be covered?

Just wondering anyone else's experience! Thanks

Replies

• ToothsmithToothsmith Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd be better off looking for cheap finance rather than an insurance that would cover it.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • sazzaboxsazzabox Forumite
    15 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    I have had invisalign and I had an agreement with the dentist to pay some off at each appointment. I used a 0% 24 month credit card and spread my payments that way.
    having invisalign is life changing.:T
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    gdawe5 wrote: »
    I'm looking into Invisalign and saw the forum posts already (invisble type braces on the teeth).

The price is going to be over £2000+, so I'm wondering if there's any private dental insurance I should get to cover part payment?

I looked at the https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/dental-insurance/ thread, but WPA changed into nhstopup and I don't think I'd be covered?

Just wondering anyone else's experience! Thanks

Surely you can't get insurance to cover a pre-existing problem?

Otherwise I won't bother insuring my house, I'll just pop out and get some cover the day after it burns down.......