Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 232

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
3.5K replies 454.7K views

Replies

• m1kjmm1kjm Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    In the last week of June I have to send 6 items including 3 cubes !!!!!!.
  • SaetanaSaetana Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    m1kjm wrote: »
    In the last week of June I have to send 6 items including 3 cubes !!!!!!.
    That is ridiculous - the official amount of parcels we should get per MONTH is 1-2 - three in a week is totally unreasonable! I had three parcels over two weeks in my last stint - I just kept them and posted one per week, its a lot of cash to find if the parcels are not pre-stamped as well :(
    2020 Wins:
  • General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saetana wrote: »
    That is ridiculous - the official amount of parcels we should get per MONTH is 1-2 - three in a week is totally unreasonable! I had three parcels over two weeks in my last stint - I just kept them and posted one per week, its a lot of cash to find if the parcels are not pre-stamped as well :(

Do you have no opportunity to spend the L2S vouchers between their receipt and the posting time? Or is it that you don't get cash out very often?
  • SaetanaSaetana Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I can spend the vouchers but finding the cash up front can be a real struggle if there are multiple parcels - I only get out somewhere to spend the vouchers once or twice a month so, no, generally I don't have the opportunity to spend the vouchers between receipt and posting time. My husband is disabled and we are on a low income - I certainly don't do the survey because I enjoy it, but it covers all the stamps I need for a year each time I participate. Two parcels in a week can amount to more than £10 in cash - not easy when one is struggling.
    2020 Wins:
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - I have a set amount for food/household every week so 2 cubes would be a stretch. Certainly couldn't do three.

Is anyone else having issues with the app for posting times for sent items? It's asking me if the last collection time is correct then not actually showing me any times. If I say no (because I've no idea if it's right or not) it's asking me for a photo of the correct time.
    I've messaged them, but no response as yet.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Chocmonster7Chocmonster7 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just done their survey about why I'm not using their mobile app. Sorry but I'm not downloading it to my phone as I don't think they need the info entered the second the letter goes into the box and as I'm usually juggling a dog at the time it can wait until I'm home and on my laptop!
  • PrimrosePrimrose Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I haven't downloaded the App onto my phone either. I have a vision problem and find working on that tiny screen far too difficult. In any case, I try to limit my time on this device to an absolute minimum for health reasons.

Much prefer to work on a bigger screen at home like an iPad or a laptop. I think every time we accept the use of these Apps we take another step in forcing the entire population down a road which many older people still don't want to go, and I think this especially applies to banking apps and the way they are forcing older people down the online banking process.

Frankly many people in this age group just don't have the knowledge or skills to go down this route now and institutions are increasingly making the ordinary processes of modern day life impossible and stressful for them as a result.
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    37.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primrose wrote: »
    Well I haven't downloaded the App onto my phone either. I have a vision problem and find working on that tiny screen far too difficult. In any case, I try to limit my time on this device to an absolute minimum for health reasons.

Much prefer to work on a bigger screen at home like an iPad or a laptop. I think every time we accept the use of these Apps we take another step in forcing the entire population down a road which many older people still don't want to go, and I think this especially applies to banking apps and the way they are forcing older people down the online banking process.

Frankly many people in this age group just don't have the knowledge or skills to go down this route now and institutions are increasingly making the ordinary processes of modern day life impossible and stressful for them as a result.

I would argue modern lifestyle does that.
    I havent been in a bank in over 8 months.
    That was only as I had a cheque form the bank that their app wouldn't scan to bank it in my account.
    Otherwise it would have been 2+years. You/they may not want to go there but thats the direction of travel for the majority.
  • GetRealBabeGetRealBabe Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just done their survey about why I'm not using their mobile app. Sorry but I'm not downloading it to my phone as I don't think they need the info entered the second the letter goes into the box and as I'm usually juggling a dog at the time it can wait until I'm home and on my laptop!

Hi

I previously used the app on my tablet but didn't get on with it. I completed the survey and will continue to use the TNS website.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• redagilaredagila Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just completed the survey & told them that if they force the app on us I shall resign after many years of taking part.