edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
36 replies 1.8K views
124»

Replies

• woolythoughtswoolythoughts Forumite
    244 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I think I know why some people are confused. Its the way I was explaining it.

The reason I compare year on year is because of the fallacy of comparing January consumption with say June consumption - one will almost certainly higher than the other.

For June 2018-Aprilish 2019 the usage was typically the same as June 2018-April 2018

In April/May our bill usually comes down about 50 quid a month - and it didn't this year which is why I looked into it.

April-June our usage is consistently 400kW'ish more than April-June last year and is running almost the same as it was in January!
    244 posts
    ✭✭
    Screenshot-2019-06-17-at-09-26-45.png

The grey values were pre-hottub

The blue are two periods we were on holiday

The red values are what I'm concerned about (June is a projection based on having used 490kW by the 15th)
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I know why some people are confused. Its the way I was explaining it.
    April-June our usage is consistently 400kW'ish more than April-June last year and is running almost the same as it was in January!

Still a little confused when you say "April -June" do you mean that in April and May and June ie every month your consumption in 400 kwh more than it was in the same months last year ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    244 posts
    ✭✭
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Still a little confused when you say "April -June" do you mean that in April and May and June ie every month your consumption in 400 kwh more than it was in the same months last year ?

Yes - but the previous months were consistent with the previous year,
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robin9 wrote: »
    I have to go back to the fact that your husband has been at home.
    Perhaps he is having lots of toast!

no I cannot help, but you should monitor what is on! we saved 15% on our electric sue by installing LED lighting around our house.
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • brianposterbrianposter Forumite
    619 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Why did your consumption decrease so much between September 2016 and September 2018 ?