New Post Advanced Search

OS Tuesday 18th June

edited 18 June 2019 at 6:11AM in Old Style MoneySaving
15 replies 1.7K views
2»

Replies

• GintotmelindaGintotmelinda Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. I have got a load of bedding in rhe washing machine but DH has kindly informed me that it is going to rain shortly. Meh

Not much planned today yet.

TA hope the skip arrives. Gers hope Mum can stop werrying abour rhe gas

Well this post was interrupted by a long phone csll from a friend. It is now pouring with rain so I'love you and leave you.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon folks. Progress report on the garden - yes there is one today!! Skip arrived just after the gardener, followed by the fencing and 2 tons of pebbles! He had a setback from the outset though - his wheelbarrow wouldn't fit between the garage and next door's fence to get to the back garden! Oh dear. At this point I left him to go and meet my friend in town!

I got home after a good old natter over 2 coffees each, followed by lunch and then a wander round town. But, by heck, he is a quick worker I couldn't believe how much he had achieved in my absence. He has just left now and will be back in the morning - and I will be abandoning him again poor chap.

Have a nice evening folks if you can and take care x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • GersGers Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon folks. Progress report on the garden - yes there is one today!! Skip arrived just after the gardener, followed by the fencing and 2 tons of pebbles! He had a setback from the outset though - his wheelbarrow wouldn't fit between the garage and next door's fence to get to the back garden! Oh dear. At this point I left him to go and meet my friend in town!

I got home after a good old natter over 2 coffees each, followed by lunch and then a wander round town. But, by heck, he is a quick worker I couldn't believe how much he had achieved in my absence. He has just left now and will be back in the morning - and I will be abandoning him again poor chap.

Have a nice evening folks if you can and take care x

How lovely to read your garden news! It sounds so good already.

I went out for my walk, did a longer one and found unused bowling greens and tennis courts. Even though I have to drive to this park it's much more accessible than the one straight outsided DM's front door which has very steep stairs and then an even steeper hill down to the walkway - it's a deep ravine with a tributary of the Clyde at the bottom. No good for my dodgy knee and hip. The other place has inclines of a much gentler nature!

DM has spent all day in bed again, apart from having a shower which really wiped her out. I am coming round to accepting her slow physical decline. Despite being prepared for it the reality is daunting. Don't think that the end of the decline is very close so I'll just keep going and encourage her to drink the Ensure 'gloop'. She's gone off the Ensure fruit drinks now that I've hauled 56 bottles into the flat. :rotfl:

I've spent some time trying to download updates on the small laptop belonging to the company which I work for three days a month. It was like watching paint dry, I'll really need to get them to change it. Then I watched a film I had recorded the other day. A calm day then.
  • wmfwmf Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gers, you are doing so well. X
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gers could you make the ensures into lollies?
    I had to have some meal replacements a few years ago and made these into lollies, they were easier to swallow and cooled me down.