2»

Replies

• buel10buel10 Forumite
    358 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    how he got on with it is irrelevant to you

And here is the perfect example of what I said about posters on this site in particular being widely known as rude....obnoxious, even.
    Thanks for proving my point, Nasqueron. Excellent stuff! You're the best!
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    buel10 wrote: »
    And here is the perfect example of what I said about posters on this site in particular being widely known as rude....obnoxious, even.
    But it is irrelevant, even more so, as the post is almost two years old! I can see only one "rude" and "obnoxious" post on this thread . .
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    But it is irrelevant, even more so, as the post is almost two years old! I can see only one "rude" and "obnoxious" post on this thread . .

Yeah, side with the bullies, that's the way.

It is not 'irrelevant' to me because I am perfectly allowed to ask the poster a question so you are both completely and utterly wrong. Bullying does not wash with me, I'm afraid. Not in a million years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    No "bullying" is apparent here.
    For some reason, this thread was "bumped" from two years ago and (due to GDPR and the OP long since retiring from the forum) is no longer relevant.
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    No "bullying" is apparent here.
    For some reason, this thread was "bumped" from two years ago and (due to GDPR and the OP long since retiring from the forum) is no longer relevant.

Come off it, you know exactly what I mean - the 'irrelevant to you'. People are allowed to ask OPs about the outcomes of their threads, are they not??
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, side with the bullies, that's the way.

It is not 'irrelevant' to me because I am perfectly allowed to ask the poster a question so you are both completely and utterly wrong. Bullying does not wash with me, I'm afraid. Not in a million years.

It is 100% irrelevant to you as your situation is nothing like this user, even if they were still active. When your account was opened/closed will be different for example, perhaps the OP was told there was nothing left because the account was closed 10 years ago, that doesn't mean you won't get any data, or the flip side, perhaps their account was still active and got data and yours was closed 6 years ago and they don't have anything left. The outcome of this DSAR has literally no impact at all on what you will get (or not). What were you planning on doing if they said there was no data left? Say some anonymous person on a forum got data and so they're lying to you? The format of the data he got (or didn't get) may well be different to yours, the accounts he had are different, the way they were opened was different.

In short, his situation is irrelevant to yours.

So as I said above, if you wish to submit a DSAR, then do it, it's now free. What happened with the OP is lost to the mists of time and would have had no impact at all on your case, why bump a 2 year dead thread to ask that?

Barclays allow you to do it online now, just fill in the form linked below

https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/gdpr?execution=e1s1

If you wish to deal with Barclays PPI, the link is below

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/ppi/

Or if you need to speak to someone

024 7684 2100, open 24/7
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    It is 100% irrelevant to you as your situation is nothing like this user,

This is what you are having such a hard time understanding - my 'situation' is that I am interested. Period. I find it odd that you just cannot understand it. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what you are having such a hard time understanding - my 'situation' is that I am interested. Period. I find it odd that you just cannot understand it. I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.

And again, what the OP got (or didn't get) from Barclays has zero relevance to what you got.

Let's say OP replied and said he got a box of paper, what were you going to do with that information? How would that have any impact on your request from them?

Just send the DSAR, or don't, it's up to you
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    358 posts
    ✭✭
    And again, what the OP got (or didn't get) from Barclays has zero relevance to what you got.

Oh my GOSH, you still don't get it, do you??
    What on earth do you mean, 'what I got'? What thread are you looking at? I didn't 'get' anything? And from whom?
    For some reason, you are not understanding me - I am an interested party, that's it.
    You just cannot seem to fathom this??