edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
364 replies 28.3K views

Replies

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for:
    the rain staying away long enough to dry a mattress topper on the line, and 2 other loads of laundry.

For the floor in front of the washing machine being clear.
    For scones, they are so cheap and quick to make, and the kids love them.
    Leaving the house when I first felt the start of sciatica, managed to go to the summer street fair and back before it got properly horrible.

Not a NSD today either, I spent £1.75 in real cash but I needed bread for lunchboxes, got a good few ys bargains and used a free £5 voucher. So not terrible, but still annoying.
    MFW#65 7/20 £91,490.26
    E/F £14,000
    Turtle # 4 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
  • sashanutsashanut Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all:j

Minimise: been minimising some brambles in the garden..

Bills Looking to get some secondary DG on our old windows to help with heating this place. This will be a long-term project IMHO. To that end:

Clutter: Lots to clear before even survey to do windows could be organised. Keeping going with the clutter, a little every day. I WILL get this house cleared.

Spending: Need to budget for groceries. Starting with £300 including pet food. Have receipt ready to file, but about £35/300. No spending yesterday but today stupidly bought something online that I will probably send back, sigh..

Unnecessary spends Yes - today.

Waste: No waste today - used up another dessert from freezer, plus yesterday made risotto from DDs leftover chicken & have enough to make a soup for tomorrow (it's cold enough).

Maximise:
    Dreams (dream big): Would like to fit the DG as mentioned earlier, also need the driveway doing but would be a very large amount of cash as it's so big....Clearing the clutter will help enormously with this, both financially & in the long term. Outside painting needed now, will be a big job & need scaffolding. This again will be £££. Still to get things photographed & listed; sun is never out at the appropriate moment.

Fruit and veg intake: Definitely need to increase F&V consumption, on this. Fruit with breakfast & some fruit this afternoon as usual. Made veg pakoras which included a lot of veg but not worth the effort tbh.

Getting niggly jobs done Painting inside & out, get builder to fit cowl on chimneys, get chimney swept, painting outside as well. All our jobs are niggly, but DH did get some outstanding ones done. Still need to see if the DW will work with the new hose he bought x weeks ago...will remind him yet again tomorrow.

Health: Lose approx. a stone & a half. Am trying with this, helps that DD is not here. Feel slimmer - does that count?

Meal Planning: Need to meal plan as tend to go with the flow, and it doesn't always work out. Have plenty of food in but still need to plan. Have lots leftover as DD didn't come for supper as I thought she would.

Moving more - Most exercise taken as gardening. Todays exercise was cleaning AND gardening.

Time with those you love: Out in garden & had a brew with DH whilst listening to the birdsong, very pleasant.

NSD: now 8/15

Check in every day Here I am, hello folks
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for finding a new to me series to watch, for a reasonable haul of ys bargains and for finding places to put part dried washing when it started to chuck it down again.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Feb No 6 No Debt No mortgage
  • SpekySquareheadSpekySquarehead Forumite
    3K posts
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

My weekend back in Glasgow was spent seeing friends and family amongst other things. Let's see if I can recal;

Dentist - £14
    Dinner in a restaurant with friends - £50 (!!!!)
    Bowling - £13
    Golf - £10
    SuperMarket - £30
    Diesel - £45

The restaurant spend was much higher than I'd like. It was in a place I had only been to once before but couldn't remember the price point, and I didn't think it was there. It soon dawned on me when the waitress was placing the napkin on my lap that I was in that kind of establishment. Anyway, I had the money there, it was absolutely lovely and even better spend time with some friends who I haven't seen in a while.

So, I'm still on 8 NSD's. I frustratingly need to visit the SM again for a few bits but that should be me until the weekend.
    :jDebt Free Date: 29/09/16:j
    Follow my diary HERE
  • laurenh1laurenh1 Forumite
    756 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi All,

Just checking in!

Minimise-
    waste-lunch is yet more leftovers. Once my chickens have laid a few more eggs I will make more chocolate chip cookies with the Easter eggs, as they went down a storm!
    screen time- still working on this, still off Facebook.
    unnecessary spends- today is NSD number 10!
    Maximise- Time with loved ones- I have promised my littlies I will take them outside tonight after work if the weather is ok!
    Exercise- I went on my bike for an hour last night! :T
    Fruit & Veg in take- still doing my best with this, despite having had a cookie or two...
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last week I made some bad choices. Yesterday I had an accumulation of bad choices and I feel ill today (headachy, unrefreshed, sore) so from now on I will make good (better?) choices, keeping focussed on my long term goals.

I'm not going to beat myself up, it's not helpful so I'm going to keep in mind that some days it's okay if all you do is keep breathing - think taking it slowly will be more productive in the end.

The weekend wasn't a total write off -
    I made a large pot of chilli (mostly from freezer ingredients) - this was only possible because of the kitchen clearing I have done
    Lots of recycling and rubbish has gone out (one very full and heavy bin bag)
    Ys bargains help me tick off several of the grab and go, easy healthy food options

Out of crisis management (poor, rushed of spur of the moment decisions) and into planning, self-care and good physical and mental health. I'm worth it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Old me (tripping over my own feet emoji?)
    New me :cool:

Have a good day turtles (hugs for lauren and anyone who needs them, including those who are not checking in - I know who you are).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Feb No 6 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope no one here lives in a flooded area, saw it on the news yesterday and it is shocking. Raining here again today, fine drizzle but we haven't had a totally dry day in ages now.

DD is going through a tough time at school, she is made of strong stuff and I am so impressed with how she is taking my advice on board and how resilient she is. As a parent you feel their pain and I just wish I could take it all away, teenage girls can be a horrible breed.

I have a long list of jobs to get done today and need to get cracking.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning Turtles!
    I am now a year older than the last time we were together. Gave one passport form to school teacher this morning, will get it back tomorrow, so that will finally be all sorted by 10 am and in the post. So glad we only have to do this every 5 years for kids.

Last GCSE today (further maths) this afternoon though, so anxiety rules in the house of Fox.

It is not raining!!
    Hugs to all who need them, pom pom waving to those in need of encouragement, pats on the backs for those who are achieving, :bdaycake:and :coffee:for anyone passing by....
    MFW#65 7/20 £91,490.26
    E/F £14,000
    Turtle # 4 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
  • edited 17 June 2019 at 1:25PM
    thriftylassthriftylass Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 June 2019 at 1:25PM
    Happy Birthday f0xh0les..

Mixed weekend, got a fair bit done in the garden. Planed out seedlings, weeded, and cut the hedge. My hay fever finally started to appear on Friday night. Decided to finally cut the lawns that had begun to turn into wildflower meadows (not helping my hay fever). Sat night hay fever morphed into proper cold and floored me for Sun. So skipped the 10 k race.

So no training today either. But got my home made lunch with me and fake lemsip. Cooked todays meatballs in the oven while the roast veg were in for yesterdays dinner. So just a tomato sauce to make and spaghetti to boil for an easy dinner.

Kids had fun in the park yesterday, there is one near a beach and a castle at the end of our town. Got some cracking pictures of kids having fun in the Scottish summer with the castle and the grey sea/skye as a backdrop. DD was wearing her woollen winter dress, both were running fully dressed through the sprinkler section that park has, while overhead the dark clouds were looming, threatening with rain. Kids were frozen afterwards (luckily planned ahead and had full change of clothing) but had a ball.
    NST
    SFD -/- spends £-/-
    Exercise -/-
    :j:j:jDebt - all 0% 0 to go from 5290 :j:j:j as of 12/19
    DFD 12/2019 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 92300 (11/19) OP 1910
  • XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many happy returns F0xh0les! :bdaycake:

Good luck to DS in his final exam
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,339.44/£10,000 63.4%
    Target CC - £0/£1030 SIF by Nov 2020
    Target Loan - £0/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 - 52%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 189 (7 in 2019 + 2020)