Replies

• edited 16 June 2019 at 2:09PM
    calcotticalcotti Forumite
    7.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2019 at 2:09PM
    Scoobydooz wrote: »
    I had thought about that. Yes i do receive ESA, but i was only assessed by them in February ( not face to face, returned form with evidence to support my claim) Ive read over the letter again it is from DWP it says.. We have been asked by the department for work and pensions to carry out an assessment in relation to your benefit claim. The appointment is at centre for health and disability assessments ?

I am fairly certain it is a face to face for your ESA claim. If you fail to attend your ESA will be stopped. You can rearrange if necessary but can only do this once.

Your PIP form will arrive shortly. Do get help with the form if you need it. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ScoobydoozScoobydooz Forumite
    21 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cant believe the timing of this then if it is for ESA Assessment, you would think the letter would say exactly for which claim they want to assess you for!! Is it possible to request a home visit for this assessment?
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will tell you at the top of the letter where it's from. If it's ESA it will most likely be from the health assessment advisory service and it will state this on the letter.

If you received a form in February and didn't have a face to face assessment or a decision letter then it's definitely for ESA.

Yes, you can ask for a home assessment but you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend. If you attend other appointments then this can go against you. Do be aware that you can only cancel an appointment once.