New Post Advanced Search

Halfords nightmare

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
15 replies 3.1K views
2»

Replies

• Exactly my point! Anyway an update... still not fixed, halfords ordered the wrong part so have to send back and reorder and it's going to take another 2/3 weeks apparently. It's really taking the mick now I've been waiting for over 2 months for this to get fixed! What's worse is that they will only pay me for my travel costs only for a week!!!
  • If they're not obliged to give me replacement are they obliged to cover my travel costs? Or will their offer of a courtesy non motorised bike (not like for like) fulfill their liability obligations?

And it is actually a great little bike, it's a jizoujiguang t18 and not complicated in any way, just the young guy working there was careless
  • Kentish_DaveKentish_Dave
    842 posts
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree that it’s not ideal can you honestly not cycle that distance on a normal bike?

No matter how unfit you are that should be doable, and of course it will quickly increase your fitness levels.
  • Richard53Richard53 Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scoobs222 wrote: »
    it's uphill ... my point is I'm unfit and can't ride 11 miles after a hard nights work!
    While I agree that it’s not ideal can you honestly not cycle that distance on a normal bike?

It's a hilly 11 miles - depends on the hills, but when I was commuting by ebike it was 13 hilly miles each way and there was no way I could have done it on a pushbike with my poor fitness. I was working nights then too, and I have some sympathy for the OP. Presumably he is like I was - he bought an ebike because he reckoned he could do it with a bit of assistance, but not otherwise. That's his call, not ours.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Richard53Richard53 Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbigman wrote: »
    I also have to say that anyone reliant on a bike/ebike for transport really should learn some basic maintenance. It's not that hard to change a tyre. If nothing else you avoid Halfords inflated prices.
    I would agree in principle, but there are a lot of very experienced and practical riders on the forums I read who now advise taking the bike to a bike shop if the tyres need to come off. Some of the modern puncture-resistant tyres can be an absolute mare to get off and on, especially in the larger/heavy-duty versions that tend to go on ebikes. I have changed many tyres by the side of the road in my time, often without tools, but if I'm on the ebike I take Slime and a CO2 kit.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.