New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Boris 114

edited 13 June 2019 at 1:11PM in Discussion Time
169 replies 2.1K views

Replies

• melburymelbury Forumite
    13.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so relieved that Rory Stewart didn't do that well; hopefully he will be out in the next vote.

It was pretty obvious that a woman wouldn't get voted in again straight away, so no surprises there.

I quite like Dominic Raab, but think Boris will get it.

Let's be honest, any of them would be better than Corbyn:eek:

As I said before, interesting times;)
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• michaelsmichaels Forumite
    25K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weird thing is that Boris is hated/thought a buffoon by:
    The intelligentsia
    The media elite
    Ethnic minorities
    Remainers
    And generally 'all right thinking people'

Is basically the whole London electorate.

And yet he won the mayoralty not just once - could have been a fluke or because no one realised how incompetent he was - but twice in London.

Not sure what that tells us but something.
    I think....
  • QuasarQuasar Forumite
    121.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    10h28ea.jpg
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • MidlandsGloryMidlandsGlory Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    All the anti Boris toxicity and smug digs, I smell fear in the remainer camp that this is finally it, no more gerrymandering by their planted stooges like May or Corbyn, we will finally get someone who will execute Brexit.

Fine, get it out your systems if its cathartic for you, it makes not one jot of difference to anything, Boris won't be losing sleep.
  • MidlandsGloryMidlandsGlory Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    redux wrote: »
    Says the person who has expressed military insurrectionist hopes and terrorist threats on this forum - tanks on the lawns of Westminster, tear gas bombs through the windows of Parliament, assault and kidnap MPs (specifically naming some)

(I replied with a Wikipedia quote about the Reichstag fire)

I have a stalker!

One man's military 'insurrection' is another man's liberation. Were the military wrong to remove the odious Mugabe in Zimbabwe who had been fiddling elections for years?

Terrorist? don't think so, maybe claim the Jo Brand defence on that one ;)

Kidnap MP's? ..afraid your memories better than mine. But I would prefer to dismiss most of them rather than retain them!
  • SapphireSapphire Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've decided to join the SNP - £625 for life membership.

Hopefully it'll qualify me for a Scottish passport or at least refugee status when the UK disintegrates :beer:

Bye, bye. Have a good life. :j
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Rubber Rory has come out of the remainer closet (he wasn't fooling anyone anyway) and pitched in with the 'destroy parliament rather than allow the will of the people' fascists. Utter plank.
    He's gone up in my estimation.

Hancock is starting to see sense. Will Hunt and Gove throw their weight behind him?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the anti Boris toxicity and smug digs, I smell fear in the remainer camp that this is finally it, no more gerrymandering by their planted stooges like May or Corbyn, we will finally get someone who will execute Brexit.

Fine, get it out your systems if its cathartic for you, it makes not one jot of difference to anything, Boris won't be losing sleep.
    It says everything that the Boris machinery won't let him out of his cage ahead of the next round, for fear of what might come out of his mouth that might offend (a near-given).

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be voting and definitely no Blue rinse, actually not even all that much Grey yet. I prefer to see us as democratic warriors, standing up for the rights of the 17.4 million to see justice done.

I see Rubber Rory has come out of the remainer closet (he wasn't fooling anyone anyway) and pitched in with the 'destroy parliament rather than allow the will of the people' fascists. Utter plank.

And yet he is the only candidate making any sense. We are doomed by the idiots! Again.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I was nearly sick when I heard Pritti Patel defend BoJo "robustly" earlier. She's like a brainwashed handmaid.

I am ashamed to share a county with her :o