Northern Rock PPi - last chance saloon

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
5 replies 675 views
mcc19and64mcc19and64 Forumite
3 posts
Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a £1400 bonus.

I don't have any paperwork relating to Mortgage/PPi agreement, the bank can't go back that far and neither can the solicitor I used for the sale.

PPi claims companies said no problem but NR so they can't find my details. Is there anything I can do or do I call it a day ... :mad::eek:

Anyone had similar dealings with a positive outcome please let me know .TIA David

Replies

• societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call it a day . . .
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    PPI companies are liars

They cannot find your data for you

It's not really surprising that a mortgage paid off TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO isn't still in the bank systems, let alone after a collapse, buyout and all the rest

Fair chance if you ever had PPI it wasn't sold by Northern Rock, but a separate provider like an IFA or broker or even with a third party insurer
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    101.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a £1400 bonus.

Most NR mortgages were put in place by brokers/estate agents/advisers. Was yours? That would explain why they cant find anything if it was.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcc19and64 wrote: »
    PPi claims companies said no problem

I think you need to be tough with the claims companies.

If they've told you it's no problem to find the data, you need to insist they find it. Phone them every day to see if they've found it yet.

If they can't find it, it means they've lied to you, but I don't believe that for a second.
  • edited 13 June 2019 at 9:00AM
    The_squirrellThe_squirrell Forumite
    214 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 13 June 2019 at 9:00AM
    I see more and more examples coming in from CMC's where the "complaints" are for mortgages closed more than 30 years ago. Its a sign that they are just trawling the bottom of the pond now before the PPI deadline.

Its the usual story. Enquire yourself and don't believe a word of what you are ever told by a CMC. Their concern is their profit.....not you!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!