PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
11K replies 1.7M views

Replies

• The_squirrellThe_squirrell Forumite
    214 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I will also add to this, that when a PPI enquiry is received, this is always investigated thoroughly to see if any PPI was taken out (at least where I work!) This is investigated just as thoroughly as a SAR, so please don't think that a SAR will be a miraculous answer and reveal all

At the risk of repeating myself, a SAR will only yield the information that is there. If documents have been removed or destroyed in line with regulatory retention periods, then there will be nothing to provide.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • tedzwedztedzwedz Forumite
    12 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you, i wondered because EasyJet (for example, different industry obviously!) send a standard mail re no compensation, then when you quiz them about Euro rules etc they paid up £250, so obviously a tactic!

Well if they said no then it must be no but since i had about 8 in the period i thought unlikely!

Was in some case nearly 2 decades ago, no paperwork!
    best Edward
  • edited 12 June 2019 at 2:05PM
    NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 June 2019 at 2:05PM
    tedzwedz wrote: »
    Thank you, i wondered because EasyJet (for example, different industry obviously!) send a standard mail re no compensation, then when you quiz them about Euro rules etc they paid up £250, so obviously a tactic!

Well if they said no then it must be no but since i had about 8 in the period i thought unlikely!

Was in some case nearly 2 decades ago, no paperwork!
    best Edward

It's not a tactic, it may simply be poor staff training for example.

Clydesdale Bank Plc were given a massive fine (£20m+) for pretending PPI didn't exist or not dealing with complaints properly so there is no reason for a bank to deny you had it if you did.
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • tedzwedztedzwedz Forumite
    12 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    ok i will leave it then! I wonder how i avoided it!
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same way the majority of people did.

We just said no to at the time.
  • Hi, I've used the Plevin route (using resolver tool) to claim for PPI. However, I noticed the email I sent the other day through resolver, states that it was for Commission only claim, although in the description I've put about claiming for all PPI payments. I haven't claimed before.

Was this wrong and should I have not used the Plevin route for a first time PPI claim?

regards
    Adrian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Please don't duplicate your posts on different threads around the forum..
  • MaybobMaybob Forumite
    2 posts
    Hi

My husband died 7 years ago. He was self employed- sole trader. After he died suddenly I discovered he had taken out a loan on his business unsecured in his name. I was devastated as I knew nothing about it and it compounded my grief. A good friend sorted everything out and the bank wrote off the debt. It has been suggested now that I look into the possibility of claiming any ppi he may have taken out. I'm worried that I may be opening a 'can of worms' and that if I did receive anything then the bank may come back to me to claim it as I was the sole executor and I may be worse off! I don't know what to do. Any ideas anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If debt was written off then monies still technically owed can be offset against any PPI redress.

Do you even know if he had PPI? If not, the Bank are unlikely to have records of a person long deceased.

In your case, I'd leave it.
  • MaybobMaybob Forumite
    2 posts
    Even though it was with a different company and not the same bank?