edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
22 replies 1.6K views
13»

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    101.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your empathy.However you may be aware that it wasnt until recently that Martin Lewis made us aware that the banking industry were employing unfair methods and that we could now act to claim back any funds which were taken without just cause. Hence the 29 years.

PPI complaints started back in the early 2000s. Nearly 20 years ago. I put my first misselling complaint in about PPI back in 2003.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • TakmonTakmon Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Clement1na wrote: »
    Thanks for your empathy.However you may be aware that it wasnt until recently that Martin Lewis made us aware that the banking industry were employing unfair methods and that we could now act to claim back any funds which were taken without just cause. Hence the 29 years.

You said you went into the bank to take out a loan and then they added on PPI that you didn't want or agree too which you knew you had because it was clearly stated in your loan documents.

If you went to a restaurant and they gave you something you didn't order and then added it to the bill would you just pay it because Martin Lewis hasn't made you aware that you could complain about that?

There was nothing stopping you making a complaint in 1990 to Halifax when you saw they added something you didn't want or need. The concept of making a complaint to a bank is nothing new and it should be common sense you can make a complaint about being charged for insurance you didn't need or want.