Forum Home» Over 50s Money Saving

Abolish BBC licence petition

New Post Advanced Search

Abolish BBC licence petition

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
23 replies 8.5K views
Londonlisa12Londonlisa12 Forumite
128 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/235653

It’s about time this tax was abolished please sign and post the link on every forum you know.

Why should we all pay for this propaganda organisation?
«13

Replies

  • unforeseenunforeseen Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why should we all pay for this propaganda organisation

    Because it means that there are 3 TV channels and a host of radio stations that are not carrying crappy, annoying adverts.
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. And this is absolutely not the correct board for this thread based on your reason for wanting to scrap the licence fee, if the thread has to exist at all it needs to be somewhere where the fallacy of your argument can be pointed out using robust language.
  • Keep_pedallingKeep_pedalling Forumite
    8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    unforeseen wrote: »
    Because it means that there are 3 TV channels and a host of radio stations that are not carrying crappy, annoying adverts.
    agrinnall wrote: »
    No. And this is absolutely not the correct board for this thread based on your reason for wanting to scrap the licence fee, if the thread has to exist at all it needs to be somewhere where the fallacy of your argument can be pointed out using robust language.

    Bang on, and please don’t encourage other disgusted of Tunbridge Wells types to spam this on “every forum that you know”
  • SocajamSocajam Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/235653

    It’s about time this tax was abolished please sign and post the link on every forum you know.

    Why should we all pay for this propaganda organisation?

    Something is seriously lacking in your life and I suggest you find it real quick before you combust.
  • JasonHandJasonHand Forumite
    187 posts
    But over 75s who are receiving pension credit will still continue to receive their TV license FOC

    Should the wealthy over 75s living in the home counties receive a free TV license? No I don't think they should
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    JasonHand wrote: »
    But over 75s who are receiving pension credit will still continue to receive their TV license FOC

    Should the wealthy over 75s living in the home counties receive a free TV license? No I don't think they should


    OK for the wealthy north of Watford to receive it then?;)
  • Well done guys over 100,000 in a day and 150 people per minute signing up..
    Happy days and hopefully it's abolished .
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done guys over 100,000 in a day and 150 people per minute signing up..
    Happy days and hopefully it's abolished .


    How should the BBC be funded if not via the license fee?
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP was beaten to it:

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5946515


    ...and that was posted on the correct board.
  • SterlingtimesSterlingtimes Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Farway wrote: »
    OK for the wealthy north of Watford to receive it then?;)

    Good point. A pensioner who does not receive pension credit is presumably "wealthy" particularly if he/she lives to the south of Watford.

    Of course, the BBC is quite nasty because an elderly couple will pay £77 a year for each person whereas an elderly widow or widower or single person will have to pay £154 each. The BBC discriminates against widows or widowers: like a tax on death.
    Solar installed 21 November 2014 > Centre of England > 3,780 Wp > 14 *270 Watt Trina panels > 14 * Enphase micro-inverters > managed by Enlighten Envoy Hub > 19° west of south > 35° pitch > tree shading to east > iBoost > Wattson Anywhere monitoring > Schneider Electric (Drayton) MiGenie smart thermostat.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support