New Post Advanced Search

Lidl 1/2 June

edited 28 May 2019 at 6:12PM in Gone Off!
17 replies 10.8K views
2»

Replies

• gwr19gwr19 Forumite
    5 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I won't even go into Lidl now after their security guard accosted me and treated me publicly like a thief.
    He went on to snatch my bag off me and take it into the store. Even once he had established that I was not at fault, there was not even an apology for the outrageous behaviour.
    I complained to the duty manager, who told me this was Lidl's company policy!
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My local Lidl seem to have offers dotted around the store, e.g. fresh Gluten free bread at 20p and rocket 20p also plus other items in the chill section. The usual weekly stuff like veg and of course cheese and wine are always in the same place.
    Still my favourite supermarket for basic food.
  • CAZBEARCAZBEAR Forumite
    541 posts
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Ken68 wrote: »
    My local Lidl seem to have offers dotted around the store, e.g. fresh Gluten free bread at 20p and rocket 20p also plus other items in the chill section. The usual weekly stuff like veg and of course cheese and wine are always in the same place.
    Still my favourite supermarket for basic food.

These will be short-dated items.... products are reduced to either 20p, 70p, 90p or £2 depending on their original price if they are going out of date ..most will have been previously reduced by 30% a day or so before then reduced further nearer the use-by date:)
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dlusman wrote: »
    I have heard they are doing it like this because people were adding extra items into the box , or swapping for fresher items

Or could put a lid and seal it with a ticket like Asda's and from the holes - which enable to get air into the box give some idea in what is in the box
    05-Wonky-Veg-Box-ASDA.jpg
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think this week's offers were very good initially but ended up buying the bacon and foil. Both are excellent quality.

The foil is thicker than normal.

The bacon is very lean.
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sent my husband this morning. I even sent him a picture of the bacon.
    He bought 3 packets of the wrong one! I'm sure he does this on purpose as he hates shopping.
    He did get 6 foils which is great quality.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JIL wrote: »
    Sent my husband this morning. I even sent him a picture of the bacon.
    He bought 3 packets of the wrong one! I'm sure he does this on purpose as he hates shopping.
    He did get 6 foils which is great quality.
    Divorce him on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!