New Post Advanced Search

DRO and employment

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
1 reply 2.4K views
hello19hello19 Forumite
23 posts
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
I'm still in the process of sending my application to SC. SC has asked if I am employed. I am. Do I really need to put my employer's name and address down? I prefer not to as I am worried they contact them about my debt. I work for a pharmaceutical company, therefore, the debt won't really affect my job, but I'm just worried about all the shame that comes along with having debt.

Thanks

Replies

• edited 26 May 2019 at 11:58PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    20.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 May 2019 at 11:58PM
    Hi,

No one contacts your employer or anyone else, have you not heard of the General data protection regulation ?

You have to provide the information requested if you want a DRO.

The information is private, why would you think otherwise ?
    There is no shame in being in debt, most people are, you are been responsible and are using a recognised way to get yourself debt free, so forget about your scruples, get the forms filled in and submitted, and within a short space of time, you will be on the road to debt freedom.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.