Wedding Gift for my Daughter

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
5 replies 3.7K views
bellabellabellabella Forumite
296 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
My beautiful daughter is getting married in 12 months I want to buy her a special gift maybe one that she can pass onto her children I am not sure wether to ask her or just surprise her and if so what do i buy?
Having the last laugh:p

Replies

• bertpalmerbertpalmer Forumite
    109 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Jewellery is always pretty popular - I'd ask advice from a close family member, her partner or good friend?
  • D_M_ED_M_E Forumite
    3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does she always drool over - can you get something that would fit in with whateveritis at a reasonable price and surprise her with it?
  • PrettyKittyKatPrettyKittyKat Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that wedding day jewellery is a popular choice for a gift. Maybe ask her if she has thought about this yet.

If you want something she is going to use on her wedding day then asking her is probably the way to go.

if you want to surprise her then something more like a weekend away for them after the wedding would be a good idea, but this obviously isn't something they can pass on to their children.
  • StreamsideStreamside Forumite
    31 posts
    What about a lovely patchwork quilt.It's been a joy to photograph my grandmother's great great grandchildren on the quilts she made by hand.While you may not be able to make one you could hand choose fabrics.
  • suejb2suejb2 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    bertpalmer wrote: »
    Jewellery is always pretty popular - I'd ask advice from a close family member, her partner or good friend?

How close do you mean this is a mother and daughter.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.