Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.) - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
46 replies 4.9K views

Replies

• SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a larger Sainsburys yesterday and was thirsty and bought a drink before I went around the store. Then got another 150 points on my transaction and got the 10p off a litre of fuel coupon even though I spent £64 - £13 of that was spirits (I thought they didn’t count towards the £60) then popped in to check the reductions at the store nearest work.

I probably get 10 of the max 12 150 points opportunities this weekend
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend just phoned to say that today she got 200 points per transaction (well, that's what she reckons) and as well as that they were giving out a free box of teabags and a packet of biscuits! She was well pleased that I had told her of the deal.
    30 mile round to Sainsburys here, so won't be bothering.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• mamanmaman Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking this!:D

Went to Sainsbury's today. I bought 12 more bottles of wine and used the extra points voucher they gave me yesterday. I always buy my wine in the 25% offers so I don't mind buying in for the next few months. I had thought of what I would get for my £1 purchases but saw some YS meat instead so that worked out fine. Also got another fuel voucher. I have a few trips coming up in the next couple of weeks so they'll be used too. And I had the free tea and biscuits.:D
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My friend made a booboo- she now remembers that she had a coupon for 50 free points, so standard 150 given. However the teabags and ginger biscuits were a freebie extra!!
    Many thanks

• MatiatusMatiatus Forumite
    3 posts
    Did that today, on top of that they give box of 40 teabags and ginger snaps biscuits.
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a Sainsburys Local after work today and bought some reduced chicken wrapped in bacon bung in oven thing for £1.20, then saw some reduced Lindt Caramel with a touch of sea salt bar for 60p each (normally retail £1.50-£2) so bought two. Then I bought a bottle of their berries and cherries squash - one of the nicest squashes. Done my 9 out of 9 so far.
  • I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. .

As far as I am aware my friend went in 3 times, bought one item- walked out, then back in again. Well, that's what I would have done. Easy enough
    I might have tried 2 items and said something like 'it's for my neighbour, please may I pay in two transactions?
    Many thanks

• mamanmaman Forumite
    22.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katiehound wrote: »
    As far as I am aware my friend went in 3 times, bought one item- walked out, then back in again. Well, that's what I would have done. Easy enough
    I might have tried 2 items and said something like 'it's for my neighbour, please may I pay in two transactions?
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.

I've had 9/9 so far. On Friday I went twice to the cigarette kiosk (smaller queues for a few items) and then put my wine through a normal check out. Yesterday and today I just went through one check out, split my shop in three and told the operator I was doing it for the points. No problems here. :D
  • tbwtbw Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Katiehound wrote: »

I have made 3 £1 purchases every day of the offer without problems. I have done them one after the other at Self Scan - it didn't even cross my mind to go out and back in between purchases.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)