Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
1.8K replies 101K views

Replies

• TafrockTafrock Forumite
    630 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I've come across a slight setback with symbio energy though it's not their fault but natwest banks

I'm a reward account holder and should get 2% cashback on my utility bills. Had no problem with powershop or zog for gas

However natwest do not appear to recognise symbio energy as a domestic energy supplier

Initially they said its because they are a business energy supplier and business accounts do not qualify for rewards

Apparently symbio were a business only supplier before starting to supply domestic premises this year

I've not given up. I've made it quite clear if they recognise defunct companies like iresa they should recognise symbio

I'm even considering switching my bank account in protest if they don't recognise symbio as a utility company
    630 posts
    ✭✭
    Well... I thought it was going too smoothly

At 23:22 on Friday 24th May (very late to receive such a communication and on a bank holiday weekend too) I receive symbio bill number 2

As expected a bill for anticipated usage up to June 2nd. To be collected by direct debit on or around 3rd June. All good so far

But...

I have an outstanding amount on this bill equal to my first bill which I promptly paid by direct debit on 14th May. OK its only £6.53 but it's been paid and shouldn't be on there

Also a lengthy email came with bill acknowledging my loyalty and mentioning the £5 credit which would be taken off this bill due to the revised terms and conditions but nowhere on the actual bill does this credit appear

Finally my usage I supplied to them doesn't seem to have been taken into account with the estimation of my reading for June 2nd

I gave them an annual usage of 2551kwh. That's a monthly usage of 212.58 kWh

So why have they estimated my usage as 222.08. Again only slightly over and a mere matter of £1.24 but surely they should use the figures I supplied

I advise everyone receiving their 2nd bill (first advance one) to check it very carefully

I expect a reduction of £5 loyalty and £6.53 which I've already paid and have already emailed them saying so

2 bills so far and both wrong.
  • fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    471 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    @Tafrock - Yorkshire Energy have got a very competitive tariff at the moment (Green Weasel.) If you do decide to jump ship then don't hang about as they are always bringing out new tariffs based on the forward energy buying contracts they agree.

My experience so far has been absolutely fine.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tafrock wrote: »

At 23:22 on Friday 24th May (very late to receive such a communication and on a bank holiday weekend too) I receive symbio bill number 2

As expected a bill for anticipated usage up to June 2nd. To be collected by direct debit on or around 3rd June. All good so far

But...

I have an outstanding amount on this bill equal to my first bill which I promptly paid by direct debit on 14th May. OK its only £6.53 but it's been paid and shouldn't be on there

Also a lengthy email came with bill acknowledging my loyalty and mentioning the £5 credit which would be taken off this bill due to the revised terms and conditions but nowhere on the actual bill does this credit appear

Finally my usage I supplied to them doesn't seem to have been taken into account with the estimation of my reading for June 2nd

So why have they estimated my usage as 222.08. Again only slightly over and a mere matter of £1.24 but surely they should use the figures I supplied

I advise everyone receiving their 2nd bill (first advance one) to check it very carefully

I expect a reduction of £5 loyalty and £6.53 which I've already paid and have already emailed them saying so

The usage estimate might be slightly up because it's based on number of days between billing dates -not exactly one twelfth of annual??
  • edited 25 May 2019 at 10:23AM
    MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2019 at 10:23AM

But...

I like you received my second bill and includes an outstanding amount of £33.42 from my 1st bill. However they agreed to waive £30.00 because of issues and said they would collect the remaining balance only. This was duly paid by dd on the 14 May. Also they have not taken into account the promised £5.00.

We will email them and report back with update when received.

I have a really horrible feeling this is Extra Engergy nightmare 2 for me.
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also had a bill this morning. This also states the previous bill amount is outstanding (UNPAID is the wording used on the bill) but this was collected by DD. I went to log in to the Customer Portal to find that it's down and they are working on it at the moment. Let's hope it's teething problems.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • edited 25 May 2019 at 11:22AM
    MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2019 at 11:22AM
    Just rang customer service but could only repeat what was on the bill. Also they advised any over payment would be adjusted quarterly. However Deepak account manager will call me Tuesday to hopefully clarify situation.
  • textertexter Forumite
    36 posts

But...

Estimated consumption is seasonally adjusted by all suppliers.
    630 posts
    ✭✭
    No my overpayment will be given straight back to me. Not that I've overpaid yet anyway. They haven't taken this money yet. Im not paying twice for the same electricity be it £6.53 or £653. Seems everyone who's responded has the same problem. I can accept the bill estimation that's fair enough but to state on this bill that my previous bill was unpaid and outstanding when I paid it 10 days ago is wrong. I too will be ringing customer services first thing Thursday and will accept nothing less than a reissued bill
    630 posts
    ✭✭
    They are trying to charge you twice for a lot more than me mabel so I don't blame you. It's not the amount though that matters it's the error.

I will be speaking to the head of customer services next week -

His email address is [email protected]

Sam Budhdeo