edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
11 replies 784 views
2»

Replies

• AnotherJoeAnotherJoe Forumite
    17.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for advice. I didn’t realise some endowments have a bonus so I will need to look into it. We are quite happy to move, but seems we do have other options so I will explore extending the mortgage first I think and take it from there. We’re in our mid 40s though so not sure if that will affect our options in terms if taking out another mortgage.

Is it best to speak to a financial adviser as I’m also not sure when is the best time to do all of this. If we sell, should we do it now or much nearer to the end of the mortgage?

Thanks again

Not at all!! Say you got a 20 year mortgage which would only take you to standard retirement sort of age , that would be about £150/month. Affordable surely? especially with no endowment to pay.

Do you actually want to sell or are you being forced into considering it because you don't think that £150/month sort of expenditure is doable?