Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Milann's life keeps getting in the way....... - Page 111

New Post Advanced Search

Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
2.1K replies 86.3K views

Replies

• milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was my last day in work for a while. It was a bit of a strange one and I was glad when it ended.

Last night I went to Dunelm near the big shopping mall near me. I’ve earmarked the curtains I want but true to form they didn’t have the sizes I wanted. We have 2 windows and they’re odd sizes, so tonight I’ll order them on line. I will have to turn them up - I bought made to measure ones many years ago and they cost an arm and a leg and I swore never again. I’d like to paint the room white but that might not happen - the curtains are a nice blue and are meant to be blackout curtains. I covered my stool and the top of a built in blanket box in a blue spotty material a couple of years ago. I’ve seen a nice quilt cover with a grey/blue splodge and a few pink/blue butterflies on - pretty but not too feminine- dh quite liked it. I looked in the shops in shopping mall to see if they had anything better but they didn’t so it looks like that’ll be the one. I’m hoping it all pulls together better than my last attempt. I’d quite like to find some pictures with butterflies on just to finish the room off.

Off to do a few jobs for ds tomorrow and we will go out somewhere later. No other plans for the weekend, other than pottering and seeing what jobs I can get done about the place.
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your bedroom will look lovely when it's finished :). It's true that you can never get the sizes you want in shops and then they wonder why everyone shops online!

You sound as if you're very pleased to have finished work.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bedroom will be fab.
    Did you see duvet cover in Dunelm too?
    It sounds lovely :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes saw the quilt in Dunelm then looked in big shopping centre nearby but didn’t see anything better. I went on line to try to order the curtains and bedcover - didn’t have the bedspread online - by then I’d lost the will to live with it all so I haven’t ordered anything from anywhere yet.
    Went to ds house today and we did some jobs that he finds a bit tricky - I steam cleaned all his floors and put some weed killer on part of his garden he can’t get to. Dh cleared his gutters for him. He treated us to tea in big nearby city as a thank you and we went to see Rocket Man - we’ve seen Elton John in concert a couple of times and dh had all his records so was looking forward to the film. I don’t think the film was quite as good as Bohemian Rhapsody but the acting was pretty good. It was quite sad - lots of fame and everything money could buy but so unhappy.....just shows money doesn’t buy happiness.
    I’m really tired so have just settled down with a cuppa and will be heading to bed with my book pretty soon- I’d planned on catching up on diaries but think that’ll have to wait until tomorrow. I didn’t even get up to go to SW this morning I was so tired and I’ve eaten all manner of rubbish so used a holiday week:o
    My last week at school was a bit strange - I’ve been stepping back letting the children get used to a new lady who will be covering for me...mmmm....she used to be the a teacher - seems to know her stuff but I can’t gel with her. At first I thought I was being over sensitive as I knew I was going to be off but she has got under several peoples skins as she is very full of herself - done EVERYTHING better, longer or had it worse than everyone else. The end of year in school is quite special and I’ll miss it all. So I’m glad to be off and at home but sorry I won’t see the year out to see some things I’ve put in place come into fruition. Such is life I suppose.
    Not many plans for the next couple of weeks - I’m going for my new pre op next week and plan to finish painting the fence I started doing several weeks ago, plant the plants I bought before they shrivel in their pots - I’ve been meaning to do that a couple of weeks. I want to blitz the kitchen, put bedroom revamp into operation and I want to meet friend’s wife for lunch and go to visit him in the care home - I haven’t been for a few weeks oh and visit my brother. If I get chance I want to go to the big food market I went to a while ago and stock up and do some batch cooking before I go in......so I suppose I have a fair bit to do....and I need to rest so I’m ready for the deed to be done to my arm.
    With the thought of rest I’m off to bed - night night
  • in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of things planned. You’ll be busy. I’ve tried shopping on line with dunelm but it has never worked for me.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £60767.23 Offset fund today 1306.16 target £2000 by 31/12/20
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 13st 6lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think we’re heading to my local Dunelm shortly to see what we can get. We have about 5 Dunelm within a half hours drive so we may end up visiting several:eek:
    It’s raining here today so painting the fence is out. I’ve just taken some pork out so I’ll cook it in cider and freeze a couple of portions too.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Passes list for Dunhelm!!
    Happy shopping day.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    814 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your shopping trip. Hope you get sorted .
    13 more loan payments to debt freedom.

• Seasidegal58Seasidegal58 Forumite
    4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your room will look great when it's finished milann.

I hope you have a successful shopping trip. I love wandering round Dunhelm - we haven't got one near me but there is a large store where DD lives - we went round last time I was up there - so many bargains!

I'm off to see Rocketman later on. I'm really looking forward to it - it'll be interesting to see how it compares with Bohemian Rhapsody as I thought that was great!:)

You've got quite a full on couple of weeks!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 :j:j:j
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    :j:j
    MONTHS TO RETIREMENT: 11
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,000! BUT- still scrimping!”
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one here who gets fed up of not being able to find what I want on the high street so have to resort to online although a big part of my problem is no transport. At the moment I'm trying without success to find a couple of throws to protect the sofa and can I find the colour I want anywhere - no :( I'm actually considering repainting the living room walls now :(
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £410.90
    Emergency Fund £4500/£10,000