Forum Home » Credit Cards

0% Balance Transfer

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

0% Balance Transfer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 682 views
mropomropo Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi,

Apologies if what I'm asking is completely dumb, but I don't know a huge amount about credit cards.

Last year I took out a 0% card with Virgin, of which I used around 5k.
I have under 1 year left to pay this off, but I'm starting to worry a little now.
I could really do with a few more months, so I'm wondering if it's possible to take another 0% card out, with another company, and pay off the Virgin card?

Is this do-able?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    27.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do a balance transfer, if you can get an appropriate BT card.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if there's still nearly a year to go it might be slightly early at the moment to do it.

Maybe look around when there's 2 or 3 months left. You'll have the balance down a bit more by then, and find a better range of offers.
  • I did exactly that. Transferred the balance to another card which actually had a much higher limit than my original. Gave me another 12 months breathing room.

I would suggest maybe closing the old account if you're likely to get tempted by the available credit to balance transfer to.