12 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• HeedtheadviceHeedtheadvice Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    But on the OP's question,
    It it probably not worth the hassle and the risk to try and repair the microwave oven.
    Consider the time to try and find the fault, fix it (or even source the parts if needed), the age and probable declining reliability of the oven, the risk (when you really do not have sufficient knowledge for safe working) of shock, potential 'explosion' of old capacitors, how will you test functionality and safety (including leakage of microwaves from the case after a rebuild, electrical safety after your 'meddling'......against..

A brand new fully functioning, safe, guaranteed, and really rather cheap oven!
  • Just put an ad on Freecycle.org (check your area) for a microwave saying yours is broken, then put your own on Freecycle, explain the fault and let someone who knows how to fix it sort it out.

I took apart my old microwave and stripped it for a whole load of electronics, I have not died yet and I suspect that there are far worse things we are exposed to.