Santander Refer a Friend - Page 53

New Post Advanced Search

Santander Refer a Friend

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
999 replies 93.1K views

Replies

• harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭

https://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/ContentServer?c=SANDocument_C...cid...
    You can contact the Switcher Team on 0800 085 2202. Lines are open Monday to. Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm. Avoiding any fees. It's a good ...

Yes i've seen that link on a Google search today, however going through Santander's web pages in the normal way i would as a an existing customer doesn't bring that version up, only the one that
    clearly says in a branch and doesn't have a phone number.
  • xylophonexylophone Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Existing customers can use the switching service number in 521 above.

It is very odd that they don't allow existing customers a switch on line option.
  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    xylophone wrote: »
    It is very odd that they don't allow existing customers a switch on line option.
    If you have the headroom, existing custoers can open an additional new c/a and switch-in in the process...
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    13.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver wrote: »
    If you have the headroom, existing custoers can open an additional new c/a and switch-in in the process...
    Even if you have, you can then only switch 1 account as part of the application for the new account. We also heard from the chap who opened several new Santander accounts for this offer and had them all closed - the reasons for the closure remain a bit mysterious.

Requesting the switch(es) into an existing Santander account by phone is actually quite quick, as myself and others can testify. I do agree, however, that Santander should really offer an online switch application, not just for this offer but in general.
  • TheShapeTheShape Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    soulsaver wrote: »
    colsten wrote: »
    Even if you have, you can then only switch 1 account as part of the application for the new account. We also heard from the chap who opened several new Santander accounts for this offer and had them all closed - the reasons for the closure remain a bit mysterious.

Requesting the switch(es) into an existing Santander account by phone is actually quite quick, as myself and others can testify. I do agree, however, that Santander should really offer an online switch application, not just for this offer but in general.

As I was a bit slow in getting on with this offer I opened an additional account so that I could have two switches running at the same time. I'll then switch a further two together and then one final switch. This should get me five switches in the time it would take to make three.
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheShape wrote: »
    As I was a bit slow in getting on with this offer I opened an additional account so that I could have two switches running at the same time. I'll then switch a further two together and then one final switch. This should get me five switches in the time it would take to make three.

You can switch more than one into one account at the same time, even in the same phone call. No need to open additional accounts at all really.
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Zanderman wrote: »
    You can switch more than one into one account at the same time, even in the same phone call. No need to open additional accounts at all really.

Why didn't I think of that:doh:

At least the extra Santander account can be lined up for a future switch.
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't I think of that:doh:
    If you had thought of it, would you have gone ahead though? I didn't, for two reasons; firstly for fear of incurring their wrath if I was accused of abusing it, but mainly because there was no rush, despite being late to the party myself.

BTW, why limit yourself to only 5 switches?
  • harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, one phone call as above, 8 minutes and 20 seconds later two MrT accounts are winging their way to Santander. So easy, IF you have the correct phone number in the first place!

Thanks to all those kind people who have posted the switch team's number 0800 085 2202.
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    If you had thought of it, would you have gone ahead though? I didn't, for two reasons; firstly for fear of incurring their wrath if I was accused of abusing it, but mainly because there was no rush, despite being late to the party myself.

BTW, why limit yourself to only 5 switches?

I had thought that doing one switch during an application would mean I'd only need to do 4 switches over the phone and could do them one at a time. I imagine there might be a slightly difficult conversation with the switch team member if switching 5 accounts on the same call.

I've got 5 switch codes from my girlfriend. I've also got 5 switch codes of my own which my mother and sister are sharing to make another 5 switches. I should get 10 vouchers so not a bad haul.