19 replies 1.1K views
2»

Replies

• NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    There are some great wine-tasting opportunities in Georgia
    I would have thought that the good ol' boys down there were more into "White Lightning" than fine wines !!!
    :beer:
  • PompeyPetePompeyPete Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Ive been to Celler Espelt, nw of Roses Spain, 15 euro for a tour that lasts 1.5 hours.

KEO Winery in Limassol too. Any bottle that fails the quality test goes onto the Winery Tour 'wash-up' session on completion.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richardw wrote: »
    I had huevos rotos in Porto which was delicious and great value.

Sounds great but also sounds Spanish. It's that salted cod I can't abide
  • PompeyPetePompeyPete Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    maisie06 wrote: »
    Slovenia has some superb vineyards and is a beautiful country - worth a look.

I'll second that....just got back from 3 weeks there [Kranjska Gora]. It's a shame it's in the €urozone though.....quite expensive.
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have thought that the good ol' boys down there were more into "White Lightning" than fine wines !!!
    :beer:

Considering that Georgia and Armenia are the world's oldest wine producers there is a fantastic culture of the vine in that part of the world.
  • DoshwasterDoshwaster Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love a good wine tour but you have to do your research before booking as you do get what you pay for. I did an excellent all day tour in Lanzarote with a small group which wasn't cheap (about €50 I think) but which had multiple tastings, guided tours and food at each stop but there were others which shipped people around on a big bus, gave them a thimble of wine and directed them to the gift shop.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    I do love a good wine tour but you have to do your research before booking as you do get what you pay for. I did an excellent all day tour in Lanzarote with a small group which wasn't cheap (about €50 I think) but which had multiple tastings, guided tours and food at each stop but there were others which shipped people around on a big bus, gave them a thimble of wine and directed them to the gift shop.

Perhaps because on a wine tour it is good manners to buy, not just taste.
  • NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that Georgia and Armenia are the world's oldest wine producers there is a fantastic culture of the vine in that part of the world
    We are on different wavelengths geographically !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogVHlmFcx0
  • silverwhistlesilverwhistle Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too late to organise for this year as it's 25/26 May, but Cantine Aperte in Italy was always something I looked forward to when I lived there. You buy a glass which goes to charity and then off you go. This is the one I used to go to: http://www.movimentoturismovino.it/public/eventi_istituzionali/20190508160551_0.pdf

Failing that why not have a wander around Hampshire and Sussex? Quality and quantity were both great last year!