edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
51 replies 3K views

Replies

• brianposterbrianposter Forumite
    622 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Cardew wrote: »
    In November 2018 with the new meter you have an actual(i.e. not estimated) consumption of 303kWh day and 63kWh night.

Now November is one of the colder months of the year, but whilst not the coldest is certainly above average. Thus you would expect the consumption in November to be more than one twelfth of annual consumption.

However even if we considered your November consumption to be the monthly average, it would indicate an annual consumption of 3,636kWh day and 756kWh night. This is way below the Npower estimate of 5400kWh day and 3504kWh night.

Most importantly the Npower estimate is derived from the ‘corrected’ consumption from 28/02/2017 to 29/10/2018. IMO this raises the possibility that the old defective meter could have been over-reading by more than 58%.

Or of course the new meter is under-reading.;)
    We seem to be agreed that the idea of a constant 58,8 overreading is not consistent with the OPs usage both before and after the faulty meter was installed.
    The problem seems to be in convincing the OP that the suggestion is not even consistent with his own account of events.
  • B13bluesB13blues Forumite
    81 posts
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    And??? They used to read them. They want paying let em read em.
  • edited 4 January 2019 at 3:02AM
    David2PritDavid2Prit Forumite
    81 posts
    edited 4 January 2019 at 3:02AM
    So I’ve gone back and had a look through all the usage etc for the period stated. It looks like last year was amended, but the previous year from feb hasn’t been touched, well according to the online usage thingy.

Submitted SAR requesting everything, that should get all old bills and everything they hold on the account.

Told them about the £3000 plus it’s showing, and still showing, they haven’t done anything regarding that, nice.

Total amounts (can’t get breakdown of day and night)
    2017 Usage in KWH 12,298
    2018 KWH 5384
    2019 KWH (estimated) 16831
  • Apologies, I lie, December 2018 is still an estimate of 1246kWh
  • If anyone is interested, NPOWER failed to supply SAR within timeframe. I have today filed a claim against them. They’ve already emailed with what is essentially an admission of guilt, so happy days.
  • Just to keep anyone up to date.
    I have won judgment in relation to the SAR, and am now applying for baliffs to enforce debt owed to me.

Then applying a new claim against them for the more serious issue (The whole of this thread essentially).
  • David2PritDavid2Prit Forumite
    81 posts
    If anyone is remotely interested by now, Npower have admitted full liability in relation to this account. The account has been cleared, and they are arranging a compensation package.

It took a long time looking into several things including backbilling, getting them to admit in writing they had failed, etc etc etc.

They eventually took notice when I sent them the second Letter Before Action. So a good story to end on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    David2Prit wrote: »
    If anyone is remotely interested by now, Npower have admitted full liability in relation to this account. The account has been cleared, and they are arranging a compensation package.

It took a long time looking into several things including backbilling, getting them to admit in writing they had failed, etc etc etc.

They eventually took notice when I sent them the second Letter Before Action. So a good story to end on!

Have you checked that they haven't trashed your credit rating (sorry if you already mentioned this - I've not read the whole thread)?
  • wild666wild666 Forumite
    422 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I always download all bills then if they wipe them you have a record. Outfox the market tried to say my first months bill was £255 after one payment but all their bills had opening reads and as I wasn't up with smart meters and British gas free time gave them the total read as that was all my IHD gave, not other reads for the free time, took me 7 months to get it sorted and my SMETS 1 meter still puts free time reads into another read section (ACT 1)
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • B13bluesB13blues Forumite
    81 posts
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    David2Prit wrote: »
    June 16 when moved in to flat
    £38 - July
    £41 - August
    £37 - September
    £44 - October
    £23- Nov (Holiday for 3 weeks)
    £52 - Dec

That’s just going on payments as I can see that at moment, but as said, bills seem to have disappeared from online account.
    They're very good at removing things from your online account page, and messing figures up. This is precisely what they've done to me. I'm past caring now, they've got more chance of knitting fog as getting over a grand out of me.