Missing money from account

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
63 replies 5.3K views

Replies

• colstencolsten Forumite
    13.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you have solved the mystery of the missing money, will you come back please and tell us why you would use Cashplus as a savings account? AFAICS, they don't pay interest and almost all transactions come with a charge attached.
  • The account is showing as mine everything exactly right transactions etc except my balance is £2000 below what it was the account still has money in, hasn’t been completely wiped.

Nothing is due to come out I’ve tripled checked and there is no transaction or trace of the £2000

A few months ago I had two Uber transactions show up only for a small amount but I rang it was dealt with by the bank the money placed back into my account and a new card sent out
    I was told It was fraud and a form of fishing but reassured the new card meant that it wouldn’t be possible for them ( who ever was doing the fraud) to access my account again
    Now I’m worried this is connected

I’ve looked into cashplus more today since this happening and have found really bad reviews I never new about before
  • Colsten why do you feel the need to post something so unhelpful and negative to someone who’s clearly distressed currently?
    I hope you have a wonderful day that’s filled with happiness and that in future if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

I am young I have no financial expertise maybe if schools taught financial education my generation would have a better understanding of money and the world of finance.

As your so interested in why I have this account I have a cash plus account as it was recommended to me in order to help boost my credit score as you a pay monthly fee for the account for people who have never had credit it helps for the future! If you make the payments that it is

Also I do have a savings account but held money in this account because purely I wanted to

You do not pay a charge on transactions only a £2 fee at atms which I do not use I rely solely on my card for transactions so this does not affect me

So colsten why not be on here trying to offer help instead of criticising and post remarks that are not called for
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Oh dear.

Who advised you to take a cash plus account to boost a fictitious credit score?

A credit card or a SIM-Only phone contract is a much better option for improving your credit HISTORY.
    Not the ficticious score or rating
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the record of deposits made?

If there is less money in the account then some transactions must have disappeared
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colsten why do you feel the need to post something so unhelpful and negative to someone who’s clearly distressed currently?
    I hope you have a wonderful day that’s filled with happiness and that in future if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all

I am young I have no financial expertise maybe if schools taught financial education my generation would have a better understanding of money and the world of finance.

As your so interested in why I have this account I have a cash plus account as it was recommended to me in order to help boost my credit score as you a pay monthly fee for the account for people who have never had credit it helps for the future! If you make the payments that it is

Also I do have a savings account but held money in this account because purely I wanted to

You do not pay a charge on transactions only a £2 fee at atms which I do not use I rely solely on my card for transactions so this does not affect me

So colsten why not be on here trying to offer help instead of criticising and post remarks that are not called for

Nothing wrong with the reply from Colsten. A question was purely asked.

Id ditch the cash plus card and get an account setup with a high street bank
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

Good heavens, what financial education do you think previous generations had? Somehow they managed.
  • I don’t recall stating that previous generations had been given financial education?

Why not take you middle aged bullying else where

Again I hope you have a great day filled with kindness and that you move forward with that kindness and pay it forward into the world
  • Dcfc79

Was it helpful or did it offer any advise for the situation I stated? No it was a sour reply with a nasty remark maybe you enjoy bullying people online and maybe that’s what’s wrong with the world I’m sure you’ve all heard of you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all? this applies here and maybe if people like the ones replying nastily to this thread applied to their own lives it just might make the world a nicer place
  • ChinoChino Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the reply from Colsten.
    Except that, whilst the points made may be valid, they do nothing to help the OP's immediate problem.