edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in In my home (includes DIY) MoneySaving
23 replies 2.2K views
13»

Replies

• getmore4lessgetmore4less Forumite
    39.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a whole house ahead of you keep an eye out for stuff cheap.

We picked up a load of Craig and Rose 1829 chalky emulsion cheap.
    A dream to apply and a great finish.
  • king132king132 Forumite
    91 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    If painting a whole house i'd consider investing in a paint spraying machine - you can paint whole walls and ceilings in minutes and in my opinion better finish than using rollers.

have a look on ebay for Wagner or Ozito machines. I purchased an Ozito machine off ebay for £150 and you can put the pipe directly into a can of paint a draw directly from it rather than wasting time filling up handheld containers.

It does guzzle paint and takes a bit of getting use to, but its perfect for large projects.
  • AleemAleem Forumite
    54 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    king132 wrote: »
    If painting a whole house i'd consider investing in a paint spraying machine - you can paint whole walls and ceilings in minutes and in my opinion better finish than using rollers.

have a look on ebay for Wagner or Ozito machines. I purchased an Ozito machine off ebay for £150 and you can put the pipe directly into a can of paint a draw directly from it rather than wasting time filling up handheld containers.

It does guzzle paint and takes a bit of getting use to, but its perfect for large projects.

How much mess do the sprayers create? More than using a roller?
    Charles J