Samsung v other brands sim free phones

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
18 replies 1.2K views
ShelleShelle Forumite
329 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
My last 2 mobile phones have been from the Samsung Galaxy family and I am now looking for a new phone again. This time, after negotiating a sim card deal with my current supplier (EE) for £15 for 30gb after my contract for £40 ended, I thought it would be cheaper in the long run to keep the sim card and buy the handset outright.

I have loved my two previous Samsungs, however the single criticsm I would have is the battery life. My current phone which is coming up to 4 years has got so bad (granted to be expected) that I have to charge it up at least twice a day. But even when new if I was on holiday for example and took lots of photos (and I mean 100s!) I would run out of charge by the end of the day.

I know Samsung S10plus is considered to one of the best models in the current market, however it still mentions that the battery is not as good as it could be. Is there an equivalent that gives me a good battery life along with big screen and excellent photo quality? I saw some of the Huawei phones, however I wasnt sure of the security of the brand given recent headlines?

Any suggestions?

Replies