New Post Advanced Search

Lisa1306

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
5 replies 540 views
lisa1306lisa1306 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
So I took out car insurance with a well known company last year for £900 I had no claims but my automatic renewal was £1770.00 . I did not see the email until 2 days before my renewal , I was shocked at how it was nearly double so went on line and got a new quote from compare the market and the cheapest quote for £900 was from the same company that I had been with . So I called them up and cancelled my insurance , the chap on the phone said we will cancel and refund you the £1770.00 to which I replied I have not paid it and it wont go out of my bank as I don't have £1770 in my account , the next day I noticed they had tried to take a dd of £1770 but the next day there was no trace of any payment being made , then a week later they pay £1770 into my account which has been sat in there for the last week, what to do obvs not going to call them up but also not going to spend it , any advice anyone ?

Replies