New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Universal Credit Trigger?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
3 replies 590 views
ratchet123ratchet123 Forumite
4 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Hi,

I have the opportunity to take on some self employed work (am currently at home looking after the kids...so not working and not looking). For about 10 - 18 hours a week. My partner and I have a current claim for Child Tax Credit only and he works for 40 hours a week.

If I take the work will we be migrated to Universal Credit?

Thanks

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    ratchet123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have the opportunity to take on some self employed work (am currently at home looking after the kids...so not working and not looking). For about 10 - 18 hours a week. My partner and I have a current claim for Child Tax Credit only and he works for 40 hours a week.

If I take the work will we be migrated to Universal Credit?

Thanks
    No, this won't trigger a move to UC.
  • Thank you.

If the worst happened and the self employment contract was ended would that force a move to Universal credit?
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    ratchet123 wrote: »
    Thank you.

If the worst happened and the self employment contract was ended would that force a move to Universal credit?
    No, it won't.