Forum Home» Energy

Energylinx not paying the promised cashback. Beware!!!

New Post Advanced Search

Energylinx not paying the promised cashback. Beware!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
3 replies 435 views
NikiyaNikiya Forumite
526 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
In March I switched suppliers through Energylinx. I had not used them before, but they were recommended by a member.
Their results were not different from others but since they offered a slightly higher cashback I decided to go through them. That was a mistake. I have been claiming my cashback since then and have not received anything yet.
Firstly they told me I needed to provide them with my bank details. This is the first time I need to claim and provide details. Usually the cashback is automatic.
I did.
Since nothing happened I wrote back and they told me they needed proof I HAD switched. Again, this was a first.
I forwarded the letter from SoEnergy welcoming me and telling me I was being supplied.
They told me they still needed the first bill, which I sent on April 18. On April 30 they apologised for the delay and told me my cashback would be paid in five business days. It is still not there. I have just written to them again but honestly they are not worth the trouble. They have now cost me more time and effort than any other site and I still do not know if I am going to be paid.

Replies

• Biscuit_TinBiscuit_Tin Forumite
    690 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Nikiya wrote: »
    In March I switched suppliers through Energylinx. I had not used them before, but they were recommended by a member.
    Their results were not different from others but since they offered a slightly higher cashback I decided to go through them. That was a mistake. I have been claiming my cashback since then and have not received anything yet.
    Firstly they told me I needed to provide them with my bank details. This is the first time I need to claim and provide details. Usually the cashback is automatic.
    I did.
    Since nothing happened I wrote back and they told me they needed proof I HAD switched. Again, this was a first.
    I forwarded the letter from SoEnergy welcoming me and telling me I was being supplied.
    They told me they still needed the first bill, which I sent on April 18. On April 30 they apologised for the delay and told me my cashback would be paid in five business days. It is still not there. I have just written to them again but honestly they are not worth the trouble. They have now cost me more time and effort than any other site and I still do not know if I am going to be paid.

You can only earn cashback from Energylinx if you go via their special cashback link

https://www.energylinx.co.uk/cashback/

We have used this a number of times over the years, followed the terms and conditions, and always received our cashback very promptly once the switch was complete - no need to wait months and months as some sites make you wait ;)
    But it is not paid automatically - you need to claim it as desbribed on the website

The instructions of how to claim the offer given on the appropriate webpage. I'm sorry you appear to have missed that and so failed to follow the instructions.

As this sites says, cashback is not guaranteed until it is paid into your bank account. But they have always paid us out having followed their claim procedure.
  • NikiyaNikiya Forumite
    526 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well I have followed the procedure as described in my mail and they did receive all relevant information long ago, as their replies prove.
    The last communication from them says I'll have the payment by EOD yesterday. But it is still not there (it might need some more time to post though).
    I cannot remember how I accessed the site when I used it. It was more than two months ago. As with other comparison sites, cashback was offered for some companies and not for others. There were no instructions as to how to get it if you were entitled.
    In any case, my experience with them has been pretty poor and I believe it would be useful for others to know what might happen.
    I have been using comparison sites with or without cashback, for many years and this is the first time I've had this problem.
  • I have also had a problem getting the cashback from Energylinx. My application was via Top Cashback though. Energylinx declined the claim despite me tracking through Top Cashback and having the email from Energylinx about my switch. I am still with Utility Point as well. I contacted Energylinx direct as well as putting the claim to Top Cashback. It's been nearly 6 months. I've never had issues with energy switch cashback before. What a hassle!