New Post Advanced Search

IVA question

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
3 replies 896 views
Hamlet_the_DaneHamlet_the_Dane Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Hello... I am in process of possibly agreeing to an IVA, but the helping organisation also want proof of my wife's income. I am trying to do this on my own, as we have enough problems without me telling her I have debt.... Is it possible to have an IVA just individually, even though married?

Any comments gratefully received, thanks. :j

Replies

• sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    20.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

The clue is in the name "Individual Voluntery Arrangement" they are unique to the individual, as you are a married couple, they will want to assess your family income as a whole, to determine your share of the household bills.

She is not been assessed as a party to the IVA, they need to know how much of her income goes towards the monthly bills, so your share can be calculated.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • foxy-stoatfoxy-stoat Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably best tell her what you are planning, you don't want her filling in application forms in the future with incorrect information and you have an issue because of non-disclosure....and you are married so best not to keep something as huge as an IVA from her.
  • semikie123semikie123 Forumite
    2 posts
    Second Anniversary
    My IVA has just been granted, I had to complete a Household budget and they asked how much my partner earned, by never need to see and of his pay slips This was with Stepchange.