71 replies 29.8K views
1234568»

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    101.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rubicon15 wrote: »
    I find the over 50s article a bit out of date, and doesn't mention some important conditions. I've been looking into this for myself the last few days. I'm not a good saver, and getting on a bit now, and as a smoker, don't necessarily think I'll end up paying way over the odds. Anyway, Sun Life is now only 12 months before it pays out, at least that's what I see when I check their site. Also the figures are totally misleading. I get the over 5k on Sun Life even as a smoker, as they don't ask, tried the Sainsburys listed as better, but it goes down to 3.6k as a smoker. And no, I'm not involved with Sun Life, just trying to make a decision to actually not leave my wife any debt, or if paid off, have at least some funeral funds.

It is commonplace for MSE articles on financial products to be woefully out-of-date. The pensions one mentioned a pension product repeatedly that the provider in question had stopped issuing 8 years earlier.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.