3.9K replies 476.8K views

Replies

• mellymoo74mellymoo74 Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Pol
    No
    Lads couldn't get away, OH has pneumonia again and is having MAJOR meltdowns culminating in wishing I hadn't bothered keeping him alive for this.

I am exhausted and thoroughly fed up with the whole thing
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    mellymoo74 wrote: »
    Thanks Pol
    No
    Lads couldn't get away, OH has pneumonia again and is having MAJOR meltdowns culminating in wishing I hadn't bothered keeping him alive for this.

I am exhausted and thoroughly fed up with the whole thing

I can't think of any helpful advice at the moment Melly.

Is the Dr keeping an eye on your husbands pneumonia? Have you discussed the difficulties with the HA? I'm wondering if there is any sort of grant you can claim to help with moving even some sort of temporary assistance to move you and later to be repaid via monthly payments from the rent.

You seem to be stuck in a difficult place. I'm sorry your husband took his frustration out on you . It must be heartbreaking after the way you kept him going and cared for him when he was in hospital .
    Pneumonia is a horrible illness and the added stress of his belongings being moved around will combine to make him have a verbal go at you. We both know he does it because he feels safe doing so. Youngest in the past would give me the odd verbal lashing .
    In recent years she's explained it was two things . Frustration and feeling I was the only person who wouldn't give up on her . Later it was testing the boundaries eg would there be a point where I would give up and prove her fears .

I never did give up but I know how hard it is to be pushed usually when you're at your lowest point.

I can only hope you somehow manage this move asap for both your sakes .
    Take care

pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • ArchergirlArchergirl Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get OH into hospital for a while? Give you some breathing space.
    I really feel for you, you are trying to do your best but seem get no help from anywhere.
    When you are settled in your new place things need to change you can't go on like this.
    OH needs major help to sort himself out you cannot do it on your own, maybe you can talk to his doctor about his mental health, it is mental health week....xxx
    6.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big stuff was in Sunday
    Me and a man with a van, I pawned my stuff.

I was moving from 7am - 6.30am so 23.5 hours. So obviously I was asleep and didn't get the keys back, another week charged.

We will be fuy in Thursday having to juggle 11 hour days at work with the move cos I need the money lol.

OH is still melting down, usually stuff isn't where he thinks it should be its getting better though.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's moving forward, Melly.

When it's done, you'll just have to sit down and give yourself a breather. :)
    6.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are in
    Yay
    Cats love it
    Xxx
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's wonderful news, Melly. :T

Worth all the hard work and stress.

What about the dogs?

And your OH?
    6.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1zfkf93.jpg
  • pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful picture Melly, I think your talents are wasted in H&S.

Glad you both made it to your new home. Wishing you both a calmer more settled life and hopefully some help forthcoming for your husband once you're sorted out.
    Take care

pollyxx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • ArchergirlArchergirl Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    What a pretty !!!!!.....Hope all your problems are behind you and you go from strength to strength in your new home, onward and upwards xx