edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
50 replies 88.6K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    -taff wrote: »
    They are all hard sell uncaring organisations.
    I agree.
    This is why this site does not recommend their use, nor advertise any individual firms..
  • deecusallydeecusally Forumite
    4 posts
    Hi I am using another claims company but have been phoned so many times by Ally re "my claim" cottoned on they were fishing for more info each tome and denying I had sent paperwork back to them . I rang the company I am dealing with and they are still processing my case . I rang back Allaye on a different number from the most recent call from them it is the same female who recognised my phone number although I had rung a different number from them - this seems very fishy. She did say she would remove me from their system but I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deecusally wrote: »
    I am still concerned about how they got my info and why the constant calls.

Once you sign up to a claims company, particularly in pre-GDPR days, you generally get added to a 'suckers list' of people who are likely to buy anything.

You'll just have to ask them all to remove your details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    deecusally wrote: »
    She did say she would remove me from their system
    I think you'll need to write to them formally requesting that they delete any records they have on you.
  • I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost £15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not appreciate being called a liar Nasqueron and would hope you'd take that back and apologise.
    Did you read my post properly or did you just go off on your snidey search of my record on here. I don't post on here normally because I can usually find the advice I need from friendly helpful people.

Here are the facts:
    1. I reclaimed almost £15000 from Barclays myself
    2. I thought I'd claimed everything I was due to
    3. For 5 minutes filling a form in it was worth a try in case I'd missed something.
    4. They found something I'd never heard of i.e. Money paid to Barclays by the insurance company for the business put their way
    5. I wouldn't have had that 24% in my wallet as I had no clue about the point above.
    6. I can send you the correspondence from the firm if you're still convinced I'm a liar but I'm a decent person who gets quite upset about being labelled badly by someone who clearly doesn't know me.

I didn't say you were a liar, I pointed out that you have not posted on here for 7 years but suddenly came in and posted to promote a claims firm.

Points 2/3/4 are irrelevant - you could have done this yourself simply by asking the bank, the claims firm didn't find out anything special, they just sent speculative letters out which you could have done for the price of a stamp. For the time you spent with the claims firm, all you needed to do was speak to the bank
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    11.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a Plevin payout then, which all frims have to consider in light of the PLevin ruling. They would have got round to you eventually without the CMC
  • edited 7 July 2019 at 4:08PM
    PoundPound Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 July 2019 at 4:08PM
    Allay Claims Ltd is pretending to be a woman called Angie who posts advice on Facebook. Of course every piece of advice she gives involves signing up with Allay Claims

RlGA9E9.png

• edited 7 July 2019 at 9:30PM
    societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 July 2019 at 9:30PM
    Allay Claims Ltd is pretending to be a woman called Angie
    I agree, it's unlikely Angie exists, more likely a figment of Allay's (should that be Alley's, as in back alley's) imagination. Stay clear.
  • fittaedaefittaedae Forumite
    83 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I am currently being harassed by this company who have all my details and say I've signed something (I have not) I got a call this evening from a very rude man who said I have to pay for the admin work if I don't agree to let them claim my 3 ppi claims from HBOS 2 X loans and 1 x credit card... I have never had any loans from HBOS or Halifax and I have a credit card but I never had ppi.... Anyone managed to get rid of these People?
    ....taking one day at a time, its all we can do! :)