Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

edited 25 August 2015 at 3:36PM in Phones & TV
2.1K replies 448.6K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that was bizarre - like others on here recently I found the retentions department to be not really interested in retaining me as a customer ...

I am out of contract and rang up to try to get a better deal. I explained I want sky sports, talk and broadband but it's currently too expensive. I was offered a mobile sim deal (??!) "as these are from £3 a month". I explained my mobile isn't a problem, and isn't with Sky so not interested in that, and again explained what I was looking for. She then offered me the entertainment package at a saving of £2 a month - but it doesn't include sky sports :cool: I again explained that I basically only watch the sports channels and that the entertainment deal was of no interest to me - she then basically told me there was nothing else they could do and would proceed with the cancellation.

I've checked the sky homepage and there is an offer there on the sports package which would save me £2 a month. Hopefully over the next few days there will be something better :(
    Mortgage Total: £66,549 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2020 Savings: £351
    Weight loss 16lb / 28lbs
  • Hi all, I have just cancelled my Sky Q. My previous offer gave me 35% discount and as it came to an end my Sky jumped from £45 per month to £68 even with a £10 off deal they gave me automatically,
    I have been run twice by retentions and the best offer so far is £56. My pack would be
    Sky Entertainment £15
    Ultimate on Demand £12
    Multiroom £13
    Sky F1 £14
    HD £1
    Kids £1
    The keep telling me that there are no discounts on Multiroom or the F1. I love F1 and find it ridiculous that F1 on its own is so much when for a few pounds more I could have all the sports channels (Don't watch other sport)
    Its also annoying as they seem completely unwilling to budge and it seems that that they are not interested in negotiation. Keeping fingers crossed I get a better deal or bye bye sky
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not Haggling as such.
    Thought I'de share my latest Sky Mobile Piggyback Rewards.
    Apple AirPods Wireless Case -35gb data trade in 19.50 Cash Payment.
    Saving 59.50
    Sky Bubble Trouble By Cara Delevingne Water bottle, Blue-Cost 0
    Saving 25.00
    sc dmp 2012 13k Dec 2019 11140 paid 80% approx.-Next Update Early Jan 2021
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month-New Rules 2020
    Mid 2019/20-Virgin Money e-saver reward 18 -T.b.c.-Closed reverting to e-saver 14.
  • edited 29 April 2019 at 4:30PM
    diabeticguydiabeticguy Forumite
    22 posts
    edited 29 April 2019 at 4:30PM
    Really fed up with the yearly haggling with Sky. Current services are Sky Q box, with entertainment, cinema. box sets and HD. I am currently on my last 10 days of notice. Having spoken to every call centre in every country of the world I have been offered a deal of £27 per month on an 18 month contract.

However, I am so fatigued by the process I don't even trust my own mind to recognise a real deal. So many posts from different people who state they have been offered the world, account credits , 75% discounts etc. I feel that I am missing out.

Although it appears that all cashback has ceased, the account credits have stopped, and you are not classed as a new customer until 18 months have passed since your leaving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Really fed up with the yearly haggling with Sky. Current services are Sky Q box, with entertainment, cinema. box sets and HD. I am currently on my last 10 days of notice. Having spoken to every call centre in every country of the world I have been offered a deal of £27 per month on an 18 month contract.

However, I am so fatigued by the process I don't even trust my own mind to recognise a real deal. So many posts from different people who state they have been offered the world, account credits , 75% discounts etc. I feel that I am missing out.

Although it appears that all cashback has ceased, the account credits have stopped, and you are not classed as a new customer until 18 months have passed since your leaving.

I've just taken Entertainment+HD+Boxsets for £17 (£15+£1+£1) for 12 months so you're in effect adding Cinema for an extra £10.

I'd say that's not a bad deal and better than a new customer would pay @ £43 a month plus a £20 one off fee (£22+£5+£5+£11).
  • csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just taken Entertainment+HD+Boxsets for £17 (£15+£1+£1) for 12 months so you're in effect adding Cinema for an extra £10.

I'd say that's not a bad deal and better than a new customer would pay @ £43 a month plus a £20 one off fee (£22+£5+£5+£11).

Is that Sky Q or regular Shy +HD box?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Is that Sky Q or regular Shy +HD box?

I managed to get an upgrade to the 1GB Q box for £20 a while ago (a few months before I renegotiated the package).
  • Sky Q 2tb box
  • saintscouplesaintscouple Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a Sky Legacy customer with a 2tb Sky box and a 40% discount which expires in August, on a rolling contract. Was paying £34 a month.

Have lost interest in F1 so went on messenger today and negotiated the following on a 18 month contract -

Entertainment £13
    Hd £1
    Box-Sets £1
    = £15 a month

I lose kids channels and F1 which i don't need and save £19 a month.

I'll be changing provider on the broadband though - have a wifi issue with the router, weakening signal, to which their answer is for me to pay £75 for a wireless booster!!
  • GentleGiant_2GentleGiant_2 Forumite
    532 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Disappointed with my offer via Facebook chat.

£66 for all TV including Netflix & multiroom but without Movies (which seems pointless with Netflix)

This is the same as a new customer. Apparently the loyalty is being able to negotiate new deals. Haha ��

Just wants me to cancel. All very odd....

Or am I being unreasonable?