Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Instant Saver halifax - direct debit allowed?

New Post Advanced Search

Instant Saver halifax - direct debit allowed?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
4 replies 557 views
MxproMxpro Forumite
12 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
Can a instant saver Halifax account have a direct debit payment going out of them?

i just had a letter from curries saying the 6 pounds a month life insurance for the TV i just bought had a payment problem, there is enough cash in the account, So either the man in the shop incorrectly entered the card details or Halifax instant saver accounts cant have direct debit.

cheers for the answer if anyone provides it!

Replies

• eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be unusual for a bog-standard savings account to support direct debits, which are typically associated with current accounts.

None of this has anything to do with credit cards though, the subject matter of the board on which you've posted this....
  • MxproMxpro Forumite
    12 posts
    eskbanker wrote: »
    It would be unusual for a bog-standard savings account to support direct debits, which are typically associated with current accounts.

None of this has anything to do with credit cards though, the subject matter of the board on which you've posted this....

yea i just noticed im in the wrong sub..mods please move me to savings.

where can i find 100% confirmation that instant saver doesnt support direct debit?
    ive been googling for a hour and no luck.,
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely it would be a lot quicker to find out by simply ringing Halifax on the telephone and asking them...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • EarthBoyEarthBoy Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You definitely can't have direct debits on the Instant Saver account. I believe Halifax did allow this years ago, but they changed the terms abut three years ago and stopped it. I remember it being explained in an updated copy of the terms and conditions they sent me.